Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sept 26 2006 The outing of 9weekscounting (Mandy)

9weekscounting"

OK, so there seems to be some discrepancy with this girl's story.

I am sure most of you know that I helped her out with the electricity issue a couple of weeks ago. I also sent some things (diapers, formula, clothes) for the babies.

This evening I received an email from another member that has helped her and they said that Mandie told her this weekend that the power had been turned off again. If the power was back on last week (or week before)as posted by Mandie and she told me this in a text message, it does not make sense for it to be off again already - it has been my experience that at least one billing cycle would pass.

Also, looking back - when ever I spoke to her on the phone I never heard any babies in the background. Now at my house, you always hear someone in the background.

If any of you are considering sending her money or things for the babies - please be careful. Something is not right. I know there were a few ladies that contacted me directly to offer help - I appologize to you. I feel like I aided her in conning everyone.

Also, she has not contacted me since last Tuesday when she rec'd the package I sent. Her phone # is no longer working and according to the member that contacted me earlier today the email address is not longer working.

I felt like you guys should know.

Jes

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Replies to this topic


RE: 9weekscounting, bsebllmom9, Sep 26th 2006, #1
RE: 9weekscounting, Valerieben, Sep 26th 2006, #3
RE: 9weekscounting, JesTrips, Sep 26th 2006, #4
RE: 9weekscounting, Valerieben, Sep 26th 2006, #6
RE: 9weekscounting, JesTrips, Sep 26th 2006, #11
RE: 9weekscounting, Valerieben, Sep 26th 2006, #14
RE: 9weekscounting, JesTrips, Sep 26th 2006, #18
RE: 9weekscounting, joytimesthree, Sep 26th 2006, #5
RE: 9weekscounting, Valerieben, Sep 26th 2006, #8
RE: 9weekscounting, joytimesthree, Sep 26th 2006, #10
RE: 9weekscounting, Valerieben, Sep 26th 2006, #17
RE: 9weekscounting, joytimesthree, Sep 26th 2006, #21
RE: 9weekscounting, Valerieben, Sep 26th 2006, #25
RE: 9weekscounting, tulip, Sep 26th 2006, #26
RE: 9weekscounting, Valerieben, Sep 27th 2006, #27
RE: 9weekscounting, Prairie3, Sep 26th 2006, #9
RE: 9weekscounting, kylamel, Sep 27th 2006, #32
RE: 9weekscounting, kylamel, Sep 27th 2006, #33
RE: 9weekscounting, michellegmc, Sep 26th 2006, #2
RE: 9weekscounting, Sunshinebabies3, Sep 26th 2006, #7
RE: 9weekscounting, tripmom3, Sep 26th 2006, #12
RE: 9weekscounting, JesTrips, Sep 26th 2006, #13
RE: 9weekscounting, meagranny, Sep 26th 2006, #15
RE: 9weekscounting, Valerieben, Sep 26th 2006, #20
RE: 9weekscounting, BBGGMiracles, Sep 26th 2006, #16
RE: 9weekscounting, tripmom3, Sep 26th 2006, #19
RE: 9weekscounting, JesTrips, Sep 27th 2006, #28
RE: 9weekscounting, Valerieben, Sep 27th 2006, #30
RE: 9weekscounting, moms3babies, Sep 26th 2006, #22
RE: 9weekscounting, madmolly, Sep 26th 2006, #23
RE: 9weekscounting, joytimesthree, Sep 26th 2006, #24
RE: 9weekscounting, evillegal, Sep 27th 2006, #29
RE: 9weekscounting, momSandy, Sep 27th 2006, #31
RE: 9weekscounting, aeiomommy, Sep 27th 2006, #34



bsebllmom9
Tue Sep-26-06 09:30 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1495 posts


#220304, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 0

I pm'd you

Michelle

Ty~1-2-91~
Steph~11-19-92~
Ayden, Ryley, Dylan~33wk2d~11-16-04~
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aydenryleydylan/



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Valerieben
Tue Sep-26-06 10:08 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
746 posts


#220321, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 1
Tue Sep-26-06 10:16 PM by Valerieben

I was going to wait until I was absolutely, 100% positive of all the information that I have been gathering (which I can pretty much say that I am), but since Jes has already made a post, I felt like I should chime in and share what I have found out over the course of the last week.

Mandie came across my family website at the end of last July and sent me an e-mail. She informed me that she had just found out that she was pregnant with triplets and had come across my website while searching the internet and hoped that I might be able to help her through her pregnancy. I contacted her and we began e-mailing and calling back and forth. I told her about the Triplet Connection (although I have a good feeling she already knew about it) and she became a member. I never once questioned her until she mentioned in early January that she had been accused of being a faker on another board (this was around the same time that we had a rash of fakers here so I was very paranoid). I asked her which board it was so that I could "set the record straight" but she never gave me the name. I searched the internet but could find nothing. I found out recently that I just didn't search with the right user name (I was searching with Mandie Clark, 9weekcounting and her e-mail address. . .she was using waitingforthree and the message board was babynamesworld.com). I read back through all of our e-mails, all of her posts here and I could not find any inconsistencies so I just let it go (although there was always a nagging feeling that something wasn't quite right).

*Sorry! This is going to be a novel! Can you tell I am a little upset!?*

After her babies were born, we did not keep in touch as well. Again, I didn't think much of it because I assumed that she was busy. It was also the same time that she and Matt began having financial problems and were without a phone and a computer. Like many other people here, I was extremely sympathetic towards her (she was my friend after all) and so I sent her money, paid some of their bills, and sent diapers, and other baby-related items to help them out.

Fast forward to the past few weeks. When Mandie came onto the boards to announce that she was pregnant again and then that she was expecting twins, several people expressed their concerns to Tiffani that she was a fake. Tiffani confronted Mandie and Mandie told Tiffani that I would vouch for her. Tiffani e-mailed me to ask me what I knew and I told her (at this point I still believed that Mandie was genuine although my doubt was beginning to grow).

About a week ago, I got a message in my TC inbox from a random person telling me that Mandie was not who she was claiming to be. She told me that Mandie had in fact delivered triplets on January 8, 2006, but that they had been stillborn. She told me that this was fact and that she had proof. She did not provide proof or a name so of course I was VERY skeptical. I contacted Tiffani and together we searched for more information. Using this persons e-mail address, I was able to find out what her name was, several of her websites, her address, phone number, etc. (gotta love the internet). It turns out that she was from the very same town that Mandie was from in Illinois.

Well, to make this extremely long and frustrating story a bit shorter, the person who contacted me turned out to be the next door neighbor of Mandie's parents and she had come onto TC at Mandie's mothers request because her parents were concerned about her.

The person who e-mailed me provided me with the names and phone number of Mandie's parents and I have talked to them several times in the past few days. Here is what I have learned:

According to Mandie's mother, Mandie was in fact pregnant with triplets, but on January 8, 2006 took a bad fall getting out of the shower. She was taken to the local hospital but they were not equipped to deal with the emergency so she was rushed to another hospital. By the time they were able to deliver the babies, they were all deceased. Mandie told her mother that, because they could not afford a funeral they donated the babies bodies to science to be used for stem cell research and this is why they have no pictures of them, etc.

She then told her mother that, 10 days after delivering her triplets, she became pregnant with identical twins due October 2, 2006 (these are the twins that we know to be due April 16, 2007). This was the reason her mother had asked her neighbor to come to TC. Mandie had sent her mother ultrasound pictures of her pregnancy with the triplets as well as pictures of her pregnant, but had not done so with her twin pregnancy and so, knowing that Mandie posted here, she was hoping that she could find some information here. When the person checking into this saw that Mandie had told us that her twins were not due until April and that she was claiming that her triplets were still alive, she sent me an e-mail.

Her mother told me A LOT of things that I do not have the time to write here, but there is not a doubt in my mind that Mandie is a faker (and apparently a pretty good one since she has been in our midst since last July!). Although she told her mother that she had been pregnant with triplets, after hearing the details, I highly doubt that she ever was.

I feel extremely hurt, betrayed and frustrated as I am sure that MANY of you do. I also feel very much responsible for directing her here. I know that there are many of us here that have helped her out financially and I am so sorry!

Again, I apologize that this is so long, but I felt very strongly that everyone here should know the truth as we are all victims of this person.

Tiffani and Jeff are aware of all of this and Mandie has already been banned from Triplet Connection.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me an e-mail or pm.

Valerie
Proud Mommy of:
Maren (5.2), Lukas (4.10) and Jacob(5.0)
Born January 22, 2005 at 33.6 weeks
http://family.avitria.com



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





JesTrips
Tue Sep-26-06 10:16 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
891 posts


#220323, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 3

Val

I was really hoping that you would chime in!

This girl really seems to have problems. I also doubted if there were every any triplets, but when going back through some old posts she did post some u/s pics - granted I don't know if they are real or hijacked from someone else.

Thanks for filling in some holes for me!

Jes

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Valerieben
Tue Sep-26-06 10:22 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
746 posts


#220327, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 4

Jes-

I am glad that I could fill in the gaps for you! I am so sorry that you were a victim of this as well. I still cannot believe that I was so blind to all of this. But honestly, I probably read and reread every e-mail and post a million times and she was always very consistent, even in our phone conversations. She was a very good con-artist. It just goes to show that not every faker is as obvious as some of the ones that we have dealt with in the past.

UGH!

Valerie
Proud Mommy of:
Maren (5.2), Lukas (4.10) and Jacob(5.0)
Born January 22, 2005 at 33.6 weeks
http://family.avitria.com



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





JesTrips
Tue Sep-26-06 10:33 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
891 posts


#220334, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 6

Val

Did you find it odd that her babies weights were the exact same as yours? I didn't until looking back.

Also, she said one had a brain bleed but never mentioned anything else about it. I find that odd (of course hind sight is 20/20)

My gut instinct was that it didn't smell right either, but I also could not live with myself if it had been true and I didn't do anything to help. Like I have told several others that pm'd me - all I could see was my babies living in the conditions she described.

Thanks again Val!

Jes

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Valerieben
Tue Sep-26-06 10:41 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
746 posts


#220341, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 11

Jes-

I honestly think that she used me for a lot more than friendship and financial gain. Not only were her babies weights the same as mine, but they were also due just two days before mine, she happend to have conceived her babies on her first round of Clomid just like me, she seemed to have developed the exact same complications throughout her pregnancy as I did, and the list goes on and on.

I have felt uneasy about her since just before her babies were born and that feeling has never really gone away. Looking back, I noticed that, after her babies were born, she rarely ever talked about them and that was just unusual. I mean, I have a hard time having any kind of conversation without mentioning my kids. They are my life.

I could go on and on about all of the things that stand out to me now, but like you said, hindsight is 20/20!!

You know, when all of this first came to light I was not angry or frustrated that I had helped her out (financially and otherwise). She needed the help (and her mom varifies that she did). I do the same with beggars on the street. I don't know whether the money I give them will be used for food or for alcohol, but I am not the judge of that. I choose to let God be the judge. I still am not really mad about the money. I am angry and frustrated that she abused my friendship and my trust. That is what hurts more than anything.

Valerie
Proud Mommy of:
Maren (5.2), Lukas (4.10) and Jacob(5.0)
Born January 22, 2005 at 33.6 weeks
http://family.avitria.com



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





JesTrips
Tue Sep-26-06 10:47 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
891 posts


#220346, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 14

Absolutely! I know I did the right thing in helping whether she was truly in need or not. The money and items can be replaced - but my trust in people will be hard to restore! I am more angry over the emotional turmoil I have felt over the past couple of weeks worrying about these kids that may have never even existed! That ticks me off!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





joytimesthree
Tue Sep-26-06 10:17 PM
Member since Jul 19th 2005
656 posts


#220325, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 3

So, let me get this right...she never was even pregnant with triplets? When I read that bit earlier about her having given birth to stillborn triplets, I felt so awful for her. I have (as I just pm'd Jestrips) for some time now been very skeptical of the financial stuff. And I didn't believe she was now pregnant with twins (assumed it was another ploy for getting money from kind folks here). But I felt so horrible for what she had experienced and figured it was just the manifestation of enormous grief.

Now I'm just mad.

Monica
Our greatest gifts...
Sophia (6lbs 13oz), Samuel (4lbs 7oz), & William (5lb 13oz) born on January 21, 2005 at 36 weeks.



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Valerieben
Tue Sep-26-06 10:27 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
746 posts


#220330, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 5

Monica-

After the first phone conversation with her mother, I too thought that she was probably just so wracked with grief that this was the way it manifested itself and so I actually felt sympathy towards her. I also just couldn't believe that, if she had not actually been pregnant with triplets, that she would have been able to be so consistent and so accurate in her descriptions of her triplet pregnancy.

After speaking with her mom again however, and hearing some of the details surrounding their birth, I found it VERY hard to believe that she was telling the truth. Although I cannot say for certain that she was not ever pregnant with triplets, I feel very strongly, after all the information that I have received, that she never was.


Valerie
Proud Mommy of:
Maren (5.2), Lukas (4.10) and Jacob(5.0)
Born January 22, 2005 at 33.6 weeks
http://family.avitria.com



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





joytimesthree
Tue Sep-26-06 10:32 PM
Member since Jul 19th 2005
656 posts


#220333, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 8

The thing that sort of swayed me back to belief for a bit was when she was reaching out to another TC'er from Louisiana...wanting to get together. I kept wondering why she'd be trying to do that if she wasn't legit.

She was very good. Of course, if she'd been reading triplet websites (I'm soooo glad I recently password protected our blog)...she's educated herself well.

I'm so sorry you (and others) have had to go through this emotional ordeal. It really breaks my heart to think that anyone could be sick enough to pretend something like that. And if she is acting out of grief, I pray that she has the support system in place to help her through it all.

Thank you for doing the detective work and for protecting our "sanctuary" here at TC.

Monica
Our greatest gifts...
Sophia (6lbs 13oz), Samuel (4lbs 7oz), & William (5lb 13oz) born on January 21, 2005 at 36 weeks.



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Valerieben
Tue Sep-26-06 10:46 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
746 posts


#220345, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 10

You know, it was the same thing that kept me from doubting her for so long. She always seemed to be so willing to meet up with people, including me. In fact, she contacted me about a week ago to say that she, Matt and the babies would be going to visit her mother in Illinois in October and that they wanted to come and visit my family as well. I'm sure she would've come up with a good excuse as to why she couldn't make it when the time came, but that is what kept me believing that she was legit!

It gives me the chills to think of what might have happend if she had actually come to visit. It still does. Makes me want to sleep on the floor of my babies' nursery just to make sure that they are safe.

She definitely did her research that is for sure.

Valerie
Proud Mommy of:
Maren (5.2), Lukas (4.10) and Jacob(5.0)
Born January 22, 2005 at 33.6 weeks
http://family.avitria.com



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





joytimesthree
Tue Sep-26-06 11:05 PM
Member since Jul 19th 2005
656 posts


#220353, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 17

You know...in light of recent news stories...I'd be very freaked out to think of her visiting, too. Wow...you just never know anymore. It's sad. And scary. I hate that fear of things like that forced me to password protect my site. I loved that I got emails from women all around the world who found comfort and encouragement in my story. I didn't want to have to take that away, but I have to protect my family. KWIM? Situations like this make me know I made the best choice. It's chilling indeed.

I can't sleep. I just went and read many of her posts on the other site where she faked. It's amazing actually. Just amazing.

Monica
Our greatest gifts...
Sophia (6lbs 13oz), Samuel (4lbs 7oz), & William (5lb 13oz) born on January 21, 2005 at 36 weeks.



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Valerieben
Tue Sep-26-06 11:20 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
746 posts


#220362, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 21

It scares me to think that she knows so much about me and my family. She knows all of our names, my phone number, my address, etc. The thought that has kept creeping into my mind over the past week is, what if she really did lose her triplets and in her grief, came here and tried to take mine? I know that that is probably me just being very paranoid, but the thought just makes me want to throw up. I have probably checked on my kids about 20 times per night over the past few days and I definitely cannot sleep. . at least not soundly.

I guess it just scares me to know that there really are people like that out there and that I let one of the people into my life. We will probably be password protecting our family website very shortly.

Valerie
Proud Mommy of:
Maren (5.2), Lukas (4.10) and Jacob(5.0)
Born January 22, 2005 at 33.6 weeks
http://family.avitria.com



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





tulip
Tue Sep-26-06 11:54 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
5071 posts


#220368, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 25

Thank you so much, and thanks to the others who did the detective work, too, for helping those of us who were at least emotionally invested in Mandie *and her babies* to know it's time to change the focus of our concerns.

I understand why you would be feeling so paranoid, and in this day & age it is sometimes justifiable. If it helps you sleep better at night, may I suggest that you get some kind of simple system for the doors or window(s) in your childrens' room? Like, some bells on a rope, or one of those "it goes off if the contact is broken" kind of alarms? Simple, cheap, and worth the peace of mind.

I have to say that I, too, was wondering how someone with little babies could be spending time at the library on the computer.

Tulip & The Three Amigos
GBG born at 35w5d on December 31, 2002 - Happy New Year's Eve!!!

YES! You *can* breastfeed triplets!!!

I am a Velveteen Rabbit, and the birth, love, kisses & magic that are my children has made me Real.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Valerieben
Wed Sep-27-06 12:06 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
746 posts


#220370, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 26

Thanks for the suggestions Tulip!! It is definitely worth the peace of mind to invest in some kind of an alarm system and, because of this situation, there is no doubt in my mind that we will! The thought of something happening to my little ones just makes me physically ill.

I have to say, I also wondered quite a bit how she could be at the library with three babies on such a regular basis. First, most libraries discourage the use of their computers for things like instant messaging and forums. In fact, most libraries have those items blocked. But what really had me perplexed was how she could have three babies at the library. . a place that is known for quiet, without being asked to leave. My babies were not overly fussy by any means, but we have always avoided overly quiet places because, when they get going, they are LOUD!! It just never did add up in my mind!

Valerie
Proud Mommy of:
Maren (5.2), Lukas (4.10) and Jacob(5.0)
Born January 22, 2005 at 33.6 weeks
http://family.avitria.com



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Prairie3
Tue Sep-26-06 10:28 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
517 posts


#220331, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 3

Oh Valerie-What a lot you have been through with this whole situation. It is amazing how people can be so awful and terribly manipulative.

You are a WONDERFUL person and I know you have helped many other people. I am SO SO SO very sorry that you and others have been taken advantage of her. There are several of us that have suspected that something just wasn't quite right with the whole situation. It's such a tough world we live in. For one point it great that we have such a wonderful on-line community and on the other we have to worry about our lives being invaded by strangers.

What a terribly hard ordeal that Mandie has gone through. I can't imagine having lost my precious babies and I'm sure that the mental strain that is causing her to do these things is enermous. I can only hope that her parents and her dh are able to get her the help she needs.

Huge, Huge Hugs to you for your honesty and your bravery in this very difficult situation.
Julie
BGB ~ June 16, 2005 @ 31wks 3 days
Samuel Jonas (3lbs 11oz)
Leona Ruth (3lbs 5oz)
Gabriel Douglas (2lbs 11oz)


Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





kylamel
Wed Sep-27-06 06:05 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1140 posts


#220385, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 1

HOw annoying!!! NOt for nothing, but I befriended her while she was pregnant also and sent her clothing and exchanged a couple of emails. I stopped exchanging emails with her when she sent me a pic of her belly. Sorry, but when someone I really dont "know" sends me a belly shot and then asks for one of mine, I get weirded out (call it paranoia).

P.S., after she "delivered" I also sent some stuff down w/a little money because she was having financial issues - ALL THE WHILE thinking - if you have so many financial issues - how can you be in the computer so often, have internet service instead of food for your children??? (this was before she said the power was going to be turned off or losing her apt., etc.). I would always tell my husband - this woman is not genuine.. and look... boy oh boy...

People like this really ruin it for others who TRULY need support and/or help. How dissapointing!!!


Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





kylamel
Wed Sep-27-06 06:14 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1140 posts


#220387, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 32

Here's a question.. didn't she post a picture of "her" babies? I know that she sent me one (of course it has since been deleted from my emails). Whose picture did she post???

Wow.. this post shouldn't be pulled because it is a good reminder/lesson learned type thing. So many people on TC were so generous and went on blind faith. How sad.


Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





michellegmc
Tue Sep-26-06 09:43 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
101 posts


#220312, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 0

I also sent you a pm.



Michelle
bbb,9/10/04
33/5

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Sunshinebabies3
Tue Sep-26-06 10:27 PM
Member since Jan 28th 2006
393 posts


#220329, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 2

INTERESTING! you know, it's funny but I havebeen following her story very closely as it jsut didnt pass the 'smell' test for me. I too sent her baby stuff, but something in me told me not to send as much as she acted like she needed. Im glad I didnt. Still I felt like a sucker even as I packed it up. isnt womens intuition funny that way?

wow. what a fascade. I didnt believe the twins thing, but wow...the triplets too!

she's good. she even asked about the vitamin vanilla coating...
Lilypie Baby Ticker

Mommy to (BBG) Braylen, Kyan, & Kynsie
Born at 32 weeks!

Formerly Govolsgirl

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





tripmom3
Tue Sep-26-06 10:34 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
21 posts


#220335, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 2

Well, this is what I sent because I felt for her situation and the kiddos 2 huge boxes containing:

8 canisters of powdered formula, baby wipes, baby clothes, socks, onsies, jars of baby food, baby juices, baby cereals, teething items, baby spoons & bowls, baby bath items, bibs, baby washcloths, and a phone card since she didn't have any minutes on her cell phone. Oh yea, and I paid for her hotel room for a few nights.

I sure hope that she really needed it or knew someone that did because if I find out for sure otherwise, it will be sad that she really messed up someone else that may have needs down the road and people like me will be reluctant to help so quickly.
Sondi Shrum
Wife to Dwayne (10 years)
Mom to:
Twins Cody & Logan (5-22-91)
Triplets John, Jake & Josh (12-2-01)
A surprise one due 3-31-07

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





JesTrips
Tue Sep-26-06 10:38 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
891 posts


#220338, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 12

Wow Sondi! I don't feel quite so bad! I am too ashamed to post exactly what I sent, but it sounds similar to your laundry list!

Jes

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





meagranny
Tue Sep-26-06 10:43 PM
Member since Nov 22nd 2005
132 posts


#220343, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 13

what a shame. i was always wondering how she had time to go to the library to use the net. with 3 babies at home and a lazy husband how did she post so much.
Grandma to
Preston 1.9
Madison 1.4
Hayden 1.10
born March 9 2006 at 24 weeks

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Valerieben
Tue Sep-26-06 11:03 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
746 posts


#220352, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 12

I am so sorry Sondi!! What a WONDERFUL person you are to have helped her so much. You truly have an incredible heart. I am sorry that you were also taken advantage of.

If it makes you feel any better, in talking to her mom, their financial concerns are definitely legit (at least for the most part) so I do think that they needed the help you provided in that way. As for the baby items, if she truly did lose her triplets and was holding onto them by posting the way she did here, it probably made her feel better to have the baby items around.

You will definitely be blessed for opening your heart to someone in need. I am just sorry that you and others were taken advantage of in this way, especially because it makes us much more hesitant the next time around.

Valerie
Proud Mommy of:
Maren (5.2), Lukas (4.10) and Jacob(5.0)
Born January 22, 2005 at 33.6 weeks
http://family.avitria.com



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





BBGGMiracles
Tue Sep-26-06 10:46 PM
Member since Sep 04th 2005
88 posts


#220344, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't believe this...

Perhaps I didn't know her that well since I usually just glance at posts and not at who's actually writing the post but I've never seen anything that was inconsistent in her "stories". Everything sounded real and hey - just like what my babies were going through.

On another note, if Mandie is suffering from depression over the loss of her triplets, then I really hope she does not have access to this post. I had a really close friend back in my senior year of high school who suffered from depression after one of the friends that she met online and grew really close to committed suicide. Only after she was hospitalized did we find out that she also had schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder, and OCD, along with severe depression.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm worried that if Mandie has "issues" that may require medical attention, she'll see this post and begin to dwell on it and make things worse.

Tiffany - is there anyway you can hide this post so that she doesn't view it?
BBGGMiracles
Mommy to BBGG born at 34.3 weeks on May 11th, 2005



There's so much love in my household, I'm starting to run out of places to put it!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





tripmom3
Tue Sep-26-06 10:57 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
21 posts


#220349, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 16

Jes,
I'm not ashamed that I sent all the stuff. I just wanted to help somebody that supposedly needed help. If I am in a position that I can help someone that really needs it I will. And it sounded like that she needed the help. Believe me though, next time, I will have to think long and hard about it and do some research and make sure things are legit before I do. I have learned my lesson.
Sondi Shrum
Wife to Dwayne (10 years)
Mom to:
Twins Cody & Logan (5-22-91)
Triplets John, Jake & Josh (12-2-01)
A surprise one due 3-31-07

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





JesTrips
Wed Sep-27-06 12:11 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
891 posts


#220372, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 19

Embarassed is probably a better word.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Valerieben
Wed Sep-27-06 12:20 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
746 posts


#220374, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 28

Amen! I don't think I have been this embarrassed in a LOOONG time! I mean, she has had me going for well over a year now. Ugh!

Valerie
Proud Mommy of:
Maren (5.2), Lukas (4.10) and Jacob(5.0)
Born January 22, 2005 at 33.6 weeks
http://family.avitria.com



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





moms3babies
Tue Sep-26-06 11:06 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2006
86 posts


#220354, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 0

I'd just like to say Thank You!

First, for being brave enough to say something I've been thinking for a few weeks.

Second, thank you for researching her.

I was also one of the "suckers" who tried to help - my red flag went up when she thanked her "angels"... and when she spent ALL DAY on the computer with me from the "library"..

I am sorry I did not say anything sooner, but I didn't want to point fingers... my bad... - I should have yelled "fire", when I smelled smoke
Ash

http://lilypie.com>

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





madmolly
Tue Sep-26-06 11:07 PM
Member since Oct 07th 2005
781 posts


#220355, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow, talk about commitment! She certainly stuck with her story.

I am truly sorry for all of you that gave your heart, your prayers, and your finanical support to Mandie. Just because she isn't the good person she portrayed herself as doesn't diminish the love you all demonstrated. Your generous hearts are an asset to our world. Big pat on the back for trying to help out a person in need.
Lea
bgg 1/22/06 @ 28.3 weeks
g 6/04 @ 34 weeks
g 7/99
g 6/97

www.thewaywardstork.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





joytimesthree
Tue Sep-26-06 11:11 PM
Member since Jul 19th 2005
656 posts


#220358, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 23

Absolutely! And I hope and pray that this farce doesn't make any of us less likely to help the next person in need.

Mandie is in need. Maybe not the way she said or the way we though, but if she went to all the trouble to do all of this...there is a need there.

Just wanted to say that I'm very proud to be a part of such a kind & generous group of folks.

Monica
Our greatest gifts...
Sophia (6lbs 13oz), Samuel (4lbs 7oz), & William (5lb 13oz) born on January 21, 2005 at 36 weeks.



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





evillegal
Wed Sep-27-06 12:18 AM
Member since Aug 17th 2005
355 posts


#220373, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 0

I feel sorry for her. Maybe she is depressed and this is her way of coping? Maybe she needs help. I hope her parents will help her get the help she needs after speaking with others.
Rebeeca
g/g/^g^ born at 32 weeks on November 20,2005
3lbs 14 oz, 3 lbs 3oz, ^2lbs 11oz^
"





Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





momSandy
Wed Sep-27-06 12:24 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
278 posts


#220376, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 0

I sent stuff too. I'm always such a sucker for stories like hers. It makes me feel good to feel like I'm helping someone. Right now, I just feel like I was taken advantage of.

Sandy.
adoptive mom to "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





aeiomommy
Wed Sep-27-06 06:24 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1166 posts


#220388, "RE: 9weekscounting"
In response to Reply # 31

WOW ...do you all remember me asking her to check her in box a few weeks ago???I NEVER heard back from her.I was going to pay her entire electric bill X 2....that way it would be on and stay on for a while...the only thing was I wanted to contact the electric co and do it directly.......guess that is why I never heard back.
AMAZING ......
Becky
SAHM~
Emma,Amber,Ian 8/18/99
Olivia 9/29/00






.

No comments:

Post a Comment