Monday, May 18, 2009

Feb 26 "To Andigirl"

tripletgggmom
Tue Feb-26-08 03:38 PM
Member since Feb 02nd 2008
55 posts


#332616, "To andigirl"

Here is what I wrote on your peri question. I just think you should read this.

PP is exactly right!! Being pregnant with trips is terrifying in the beginning for most of us. I bled and was hospitalized twice for that. I was told I had TTTS(twin to twin transfusion) and that two of my babies WOULD die and probably force me into preterm labor and I would loose the 3rd. None of that happened, thank God. But the main point is, you may have real stuff to get scared about when you go through your pregnancy and we will support you through that. This other stuff you are blowing out of proportion and creating drama yourself. Don't create drama with your triplet pregnancy, be thankful for every uneventful day you have because there are people on here who have truly suffered through these pregnancies. I think that is why you aren't getting a great deal of sympathy and compassion from these triplet parents.

So seriously, chill out and focus on being relaxed for your babies and hopefully everything else (docs, etc.) will fall into place. You don't have to freak out more and say you are leaving the site.
Chris

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Replies to this topic



CKT
Tue Feb-26-08 11:27 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
246 posts


#332804, "RE: To andigirl"
In response to Reply # 0

I just have to dito this and wanted to bump this up so andigirl may see and read.

Please realize that no one is picking on you or talking badly to you or trying to make you feel badly. We are all trying to help by giving advice. The early stages of a triplet pregnancy are so scary and stressful.

I hope things work out for you with this peri or another. Please update us on how things are going.

Try to enjoy this exciting time.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





andigirl
Tue Feb-26-08 11:59 PM
Member since Feb 20th 2008
61 posts


#332813, "RE: To andigirl"
In response to Reply # 1

Noone is picking on me? Did you not read the responses I got towards the bottom to my question about whether or not Premature babies develop any more slowly? 'Really' 'Are you Serious'. Come on! Who deserves that kind of treatment.

From their response you'd think I was some idiot for not knowing the answer to what seems to me a perfectly valid question. And some comment about tired of hearing my sob story? Goodness. Post one question about a snippy peri when you're quite a bit upset. Everyone thinks you're just being hormonal and next thing you know you're literally being run off the forum. If nooone was paying attention, the lady was being rude. It's not just that she didn't call me. I was very very cordial to her. Very polite. But she (the peri's staff lady) was very very rude to me. And it left a sour taste in my mouth. I'm no idiot, it's not hormones. I can tell in the tone of voice, the curtness of the response, the interuptions, not answering my questions. Implying that I wasn't able to even ask a question, or qualify for a 'call back' to my original voicemail because I wasn't ALREADY in the system (but not bothering to explain how i was supposed to get into that system or what it meant not to be in the system). You weren't there. Give me a little credit.

I wasn't trying to get sympathy from people who OBVIOUSLY have been through worse because they have been hospitalized for their pregnancy. I'm not comparing notes here. It's not a competition. What i was trying to do is honestly ask if peri's are notorious for being snarky (if i had to putup and shutup), or if I was justified in considering looking around for a new one? Sure I got a little emotionally invested in my comments and my responses because I was upset.

But that's no reason to stop even bothering to answer my questions and start being flat out rude to me for asking a question, any question. How would they feel if i said their questions were stupid. Or that they should just figure it out on their own. OH and i do not much appreciate the comments about my 'supposed 55 posts' which really seemed to blow things out of proportion. I had 14 new posts, on entirely seperate subjects. Any other 'posts' were responses to other's posts. Or replies to people within my original posts.

It's not like you're a captive audience. My understanding is the purpose of a forum is to be able to pose questions, and get answers. Any questions I feel that I need to ask. And some of us need to ask more questions than others. But that doesn't mean we should be treated poorly for it. If you don't like me, or my questions, don't read them, certainly don't waste your time answering them if

you're only going to be rude and not helpful what so ever and say things like 'I
don't want to hear your sob stories' and 'Really' Like 'are you stupid or something' essentially.

You want to talk about minimizing stress (supposedly by not asking questions now that will let me be prepared and less stressed when I really need to be calm), you should see how I'm literally SHAKING right now i'm so upset and I've spent the whole day ragged and heart broken over the horrible way people have been treating me on this forum today.

I can't beleive that it's perfectly ok to post a listing SPECIFICALLY to b*tch and moan about me and make fun of me for asking questions. But it's just so wrong for me to post a question about premature child development?

MY book is absolute crap and it was the ONLY one that my book store sold. I've made a point to look up every subject on the forum before i post but i never get the results, maybe the search feature just doesn't work. I just got a book from a very nice lady yesterday that answers nutrition questions. I still have alot of questions. But i guess I cant get my answers here anymore, because i'm getting nothing but snide comments in response now.

I'm only logged back in now because i'm desperately trying to find out how to delete my account, so i don't have to see any more stupid 'response to messages' that are just more horrible mean comments about people who care more about being mean, than considering that I'm a human being. I thought maybe I could delete some of my old posts, so i went back into them. A few people emailed me and said nice supportive things about how some of the people on this forum can be bonified w*tches and have already been known to run a few good contributors off the forum, to just try to ignore them, and I was curious what kind of supportive posts might be in there, to help take the edge off all the cynism from today.

I think i'm going to go now, and give up my attempts at deleting my account because i can't figure it out. And I think I'm going to go cry some more because you guys just keep piling onto the wound you keep burning deeper in my heart. (present company excluded I don't mean all of you naturally, some of you have been nothing but helpful and kind, and it's really a shame I can't just have access to these people without all of the horrible flame throwing from the rest).

I really honestly don't plan on coming back. Who knows maybe in a few months. When people have forgotten to be w*tches to me, for every single question I post. And maybe I've EARNED my right to ask a question by being far enough along to be taken seriously, or having suffered some major horrible trauma that makes me WORRY of 'sympathy' and 'understanding' or even the general desire to bother 'putting up with me', then I might saunter back.

14 questions, in 14 days. Was it really such of a horrible inconvenience for all of you. To answer questions about c-sections, JUST because i'm only 7 weeks along and not 20 weeks or further? To answer questions about cribs, premature child development. Bed Rest? Because I know the answers helped me even though I wasn't far along. As an example I'd have let my showers be planned for a month before my 40 weeks before I talked to the people on this site and learned more about length of gestation standards and that i might be on bed rest by week 20-24. Questions that apparently it was wrong of me to ask because i'm not that far along yet according to the response of people who claim i'm obsessed for wanting to know just a few things when I first found out I was expecting triplets. Surely you understand the questions are many at first, but taper off as I know more.

I wasn't going to write this 'rebutal' but since i was alredy here , and i
specifically saw that someone was reaching out and wanted me to see this. I assume you wanted a response.

As to the flipant, rude horrible women. I hope that god blesses your lives with compassion, empathy, understanding, and patience. That perhaps you won't run anyone else away from this forum. Who honestly really genuinely needed help. And was reaching out to you. And had considered you to be her family, and her friends for the short time that she benefited from the positive and helpful responses you had provided in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment