Monday, May 18, 2009

May 17 2008 Dachshund mom

Subject: "Here is the scoop" Previous topic | Next topic

Dachshund Mom Sat May-17-08 07:21 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
596 posts

#349929, "Here is the scoop"


The money was the balance remaining from a fund that our county's Early Intervention has. The program is called Self Determination. The amount you receive is based on income. The parents and the whole EI team come together & discuss the needs of the child(ren) & how the money can be spent. All three of the triplets were in EI due to various delays for each. Each one had their own fund. The majority of our funds were used to pay for private speech therapy, as our insurance does not cover development of speech, only regaining speech lost in some fashion. I will not go into detail all of the things that were purchased for THEM. When they graduated from EI the triplets were moved into a special needs pre k program thru the local school district.

As part of getting them school ready we were allowd to use the remaing balance ($2500) to purchase various items including the paints.

I am sorry if I offended anyone that was not my intent, but I was feeling attacked.
To Madmolly-- Can I have one of your extra bedrooms? We are stuck in a 2 bedroom ranch. Let me just say thing get close.

Sam
Mom to Brett, Zachary & Shaylee-31wks 6dys. 2/02/05
Happy Groundhogs Day!!!






IP Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




Replies to this topic

RE: Here is the scoop, madmolly, May 17th 2008, #1
RE: Here is the scoop, Rosemarie3, May 17th 2008, #2
RE: Here is the scoop, Triplethefun04, May 17th 2008, #3
RE: Here is the scoop, Rosemarie3, May 17th 2008, #4
RE: Here is the scoop, sandsstone, May 17th 2008, #7
RE: Here is the scoop, 3petes, May 17th 2008, #5
RE: Here is the scoop, hardentriplets, May 17th 2008, #6
RE: Here is the scoop, madmolly, May 17th 2008, #8
RE: Here is the scoop, hardentriplets, May 18th 2008, #10
RE: Here is the scoop, MSTAR, May 18th 2008, #11
RE: Here is the scoop, madmolly, May 18th 2008, #14
RE: Here is the scoop, 3petes, May 18th 2008, #12
RE: Here is the scoop, foreveramom, May 17th 2008, #9
RE: Here is the scoop, NCtripmom, May 18th 2008, #13
RE: Here is the scoop, 4kds4me, May 18th 2008, #15
RE: Here is the scoop, LolasLadies, May 18th 2008, #16
RE: Here is the scoop, 4kds4me, May 18th 2008, #17
RE: Here is the scoop, madmolly, May 18th 2008, #18
RE: Here is the scoop, 4kds4me, May 18th 2008, #19
RE: Here is the scoop, madmolly, May 18th 2008, #20
RE: Here is the scoop, 4kds4me, May 18th 2008, #21
RE: Here is the scoop, Rosemarie3, May 18th 2008, #22
RE: Here is the scoop, 4kds4me, May 18th 2008, #24
RE: Here is the scoop, Rosemarie3, May 18th 2008, #25
RE: Here is the scoop, 4kds4me, May 18th 2008, #26
RE: Here is the scoop, foreveramom, May 18th 2008, #27
RE: Here is the scoop, 4kds4me, May 18th 2008, #31
RE: Here is the scoop, foreveramom, May 18th 2008, #33
RE: Here is the scoop, 4kds4me, May 18th 2008, #34
RE: Here is the scoop, madmolly, May 18th 2008, #28
RE: Here is the scoop, 3petes, May 18th 2008, #29
RE: Here is the scoop, Rosemarie3, May 18th 2008, #30
RE: Here is the scoop, 4kds4me, May 18th 2008, #32
RE: Here is the scoop, 3petes, May 18th 2008, #23
RE: Here is the scoop, moochie, May 19th 2008, #35



madmolly Sat May-17-08 08:28 PM
Member since Oct 07th 2005
2021 posts

#349938, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 0


I was amazed that the state bought you a play system and art supplies through the EI program to the tune of $2500 when my EI therapists continue to hand me a wish list that I must fund myself. It is awe striking to know that some programs have such a surplus of funds that money can be dropped in that manner, while others can offer nothing. It makes me scratch my head. I struggled for almost a year with $900 dollar a month payments for the oxygen and supplies my son required to breathe. Where were the government funds for that??? I am knee deep in debt as a result of my children's medical concerns. There is no one handing me a freakin' dime.
I did not begrudge you personally in the original post. I did not attack you. I simply commented that I would like to know how to make that happen in my world. Our needs greatly surpass a play structure and art supplies (which one could argue every child would benefit from), yet in three different states no funds have ever been disbursed our direction.
I am unclear as to why you have a problem with me in particular. Regarding my home, I work for a living. My husband works for a living. I am proud of what we have earned through hard work and personal sacrifice. If you want my bedroom, work a job that pays for it. For the record, you could have continued with your original drama filled thread instead of starting a whole new one on the same topic. Posting again makes you appear like some who is seeking attention.


Lea

BGG 28.3 weekers

http://mccarthymayhem.blogspot.com/




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




Rosemarie3 Sat May-17-08 08:33 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
1262 posts

#349941, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 0




I am having a hard time not believing that you are not abusing the system and taking advantage of what is meant to be used for therapy. Seriously you purahced a swing set and paints, how the hell is that going to help imporve their speech.

BBG Triplets Born March 31, 2004
31 weeks three days
Douglas
Kalie and
John Michael




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




Triplethefun04 Sat May-17-08 08:40 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
572 posts

#349942, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 0




Michelle
(formerly known as bsebllmom9 )
Tyler 17!!
Steph 15!!
Ayden, Ryley & Dylan 3 years!!



IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




Rosemarie3 Sat May-17-08 08:47 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
1262 posts

#349943, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 3




i hope you have lots because this is going to get heated

BBG Triplets Born March 31, 2004
31 weeks three days
Douglas
Kalie and
John Michael




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




sandsstone Sat May-17-08 10:13 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
716 posts

#349961, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 3


Hooray! Popcorn guy! Or is it gal?

Susan


Parent to GGG born 31 weeks 4 days 4/26/07
http://www.sandsstone.com/Triplets.htm



http://www.thedivinemercy.org/message




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




3petes Sat May-17-08 09:23 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
997 posts

#349949, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 0


I don't think anyone was offended, but a lot of families are in need, in order to help out their youngsters in every way they can. This idea of "free money" to basically do what you want with did appear to strike a chord.

I just have trouble with the fact that this all appears to be money for play. I don't see how the swing set would afford them any benefits towards school.

I was curious of your first post. Now this one seems like a whole team of educated professionals and advocates for the children made an irresponsible choice. The money was defintely misused. I hope the kids are at least getting some benefits from it.


Jamye

Love my GGG ~


21 months old.....and counting
Born on 08/07/06

http://www.babysites.com/sites/3petes/



IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




hardentriplets Sat May-17-08 09:53 PM
Member since Feb 27th 2008
422 posts

#349955, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 0


I know some people was offended by Sam's recent posts but I truely feel she meant no harm in it. Just my 2 cents.

*MAGGIE*
Proud Momma X 3!!!
-Brody Paul 3lbs 10oz
-Logan Dean 4lbs
-Seth Franklin 2lbs 9oz

http://hardentriplets.blogspot.com/








IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




madmolly Sat May-17-08 10:30 PM
Member since Oct 07th 2005
2021 posts

#349963, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 6


I know you are trying to help and I appreciate it. However, her private message to me sent through the triplet connection was entitled: "F*^k You!". It's really hard not to be offended by that.



Lea

BGG 28.3 weekers

http://mccarthymayhem.blogspot.com/




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




hardentriplets Sun May-18-08 09:01 AM
Member since Feb 27th 2008
422 posts

#350005, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 8


Really?! Yeah I was just trying to not stir things up anymore. I don't blame you for being offended then.

*MAGGIE*
Proud Momma X 3!!!
-Brody Paul 3lbs 10oz
-Logan Dean 4lbs
-Seth Franklin 2lbs 9oz

http://hardentriplets.blogspot.com/








IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




MSTAR Sun May-18-08 09:12 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1599 posts

#350011, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 8


Hey,

Didn't I send you one like that once????

I want to know how I get a free swingset. I missed the original post and I'm feeling left out on the free stuff. I've got one in EI. I'm getting totally ripped off over here in Nevada because all I'm getting is therapy for my child. How unfair!!!!! Where do I complain?????

Michele
Sarah, Gregory, Amanda
born 1/22/04 at 35w1d

Our surprise baby Austin born 06/15/2005

www.fourtimesthefun.blogspot.com




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




madmolly Sun May-18-08 01:16 PM
Member since Oct 07th 2005
2021 posts

#350048, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 11


"Didn't I send you one like that once????"

Er, uh, yeah...I think you did. LOL! But I believe you used words that contained more than four letters. I guess Nevada ripped us both off! Good to know I wasn't the only one denied those surplus funds.

Lea

BGG 28.3 weekers

http://mccarthymayhem.blogspot.com/




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




3petes Sun May-18-08 11:21 AM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
997 posts

#350027, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 8


Oh My!!!!! That is deplorable language and no way to treat another because they made a good point.

Sure hope that is not what your children are learning in their speech therapy or how to treat people for having a different opinion.

Sam, now I think you are the one that needs to apologize. That was low and uncalled for.



IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




foreveramom Sat May-17-08 11:06 PM
Member since Jan 30th 2006
935 posts

#349975, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 0


What state do you live in? If the parents on here find out, there may be a huge influx of triplet families ready to scoot on over to your state to reap some of the EI benefits.

BTW, I love Lakeshore. They do have awesome stuff.

Mom of: Kristi(22), Kevin(19), Kelli(17), Angus(5) and GGB - Ruca, Nadia and Max (3) Born 10-14-04 at 34 weeks.
www.angusandthetriplets.com
also www.angusandthetriplets.blogspot.com




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




NCtripmom Sun May-18-08 01:06 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
453 posts

#350047, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 0


With a family of 8, I doubt very seriously that there are ANY extra rooms.

I really need to move to your state for a while, rack up on stome stuff for my kids' then head back to Carolina.



IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




4kds4me Sun May-18-08 04:35 PM
Member since Mar 29th 2007
457 posts

#350069, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 0


I am scratching my head as to why it is so difficult for you all to understand the simple fact that every county has different EI funding. It is unfair to assume that Sam is "working the system".

Some counties DO have more funding available and in some cases it comes from higher property taxes. There are many states that do not have to pay property taxes and that may be the explanation as to why your EI is so crappy. The state and county that I reside happen to have high property tax rates, therefore our EI provides a very generous EI package. Also, sometimes families are eligible for more EI benefts based upon their income. If they are struggling with even putting food on their table, wouldn't it make more sense that they would be receiving a higher $$ amount in EI benefits. Why should their children be denied much needed EI just because they could not afford it? As far as to what type of materials they can use their monies for, that also varies. Our county provides a list as to what they potentially will pay for, AND it has to be approved before it is purchased.

To Madmolly:
As far as you having to pay for your ds's oxygen etc. Have you heard of the "Katie Beckett Medicaid program"? It isn't based upon income AT ALL. It is available to children who are disabled and based upon your ds's diagnosis, I do not see why he would not be eligible? His O2 is medically necessary, I am assuming, and that should be a covered benefit.

Regarding this statement: "If you want my bedroom, work a job that pays for it." We are all hard working families. Quite frankly, it was a very snobbish and cold hearted statement. Consider your family fortunate enough to have two well-paying jobs that enable you to afford that 6 bedroom home. Not every family is that fortunate, especially in today's economy. That statement probably came off as very insulting to many families on this board.

I could make assumptions and suggestions to you regarding your "knee-deep debt", but I will not stoop to that level.










IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




LolasLadies Sun May-18-08 05:02 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
756 posts

#350072, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 15


I don't hear anyone confusing the issue that each county has different funds and different stipulations. Most people seem to be dumbfounded at the ease with which the OP acquired funds.

I think this is interesting that play equipment can be paid for with money that was made eligible by the fact that a child had learning delays. I'm not saying the family did anything shady (and so far I don't think anyone else has) but that system seems to be promoting wasteful government spending. I'm a social liberal, but this kind of stuff bothers me... not the family so much as the system that allows this.

If, as you say, the family is eligible for more funding because they're having problems putting food on the table, I highly doubt a swingset is going to solve that problem. Also, when you make a comment like the last one, you kind of ARE making a suggestion about her knee-deep debt, all while maintaining your innocence.

Lola's GGG 28-weekers
Alison 2.3 Emma 2.2 Kristin 1.11
The world's least triplet-related triplet blog: http://sweetenedtaters.blogspot.com




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




4kds4me Sun May-18-08 05:45 PM
Member since Mar 29th 2007
457 posts

#350085, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 16
Sun May-18-08 06:10 PM by 4kds4me

I never made a suggestion. I implied that I COULD make a suggestion, but I won't because I am not aware of the "whole picture" and would not "stoop to that level" without knowing the "whole picture". Out of curiousity, what are you assuming my suggestions might be?

MM made a suggestion to the op, getting a job to pay for the 6th bedroom, yet she is not aware of the "whole picture" of the op's situation.

As far as the swingset thing goes, none of us have any idea of what the op's children's special needs are. One of the benefits that were available to special needs kids in our county is a FAMILY YMCA membership. Unfortunately, we were not eligible based upon our income. I would HAVE taken that benefit as the pool would have benefited my dd greatly, as would tumbling classes because of her low muscle tone. A swingset may benefit the op's children in the very same way. EI isn't just speech therapy or cognitive therapy. The op stated in her post "all three of the triplets were in EI due to 'VARIOUS DELAYS' for each." A lot of kids NEED PT for large muscle group strengthening. Swinging strengthens core support, climbing strengthens all muscles of the legs and arms.





IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




madmolly Sun May-18-08 06:12 PM
Member since Oct 07th 2005
2021 posts

#350095, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 15


Gina,
I know you get all excited when I post so that you can engage me in some battle of whit and words, but it's really getting old. Now I am snobbish and cold hearted because I house my family of 8 in a 6 bedroom home? If you read my posts on this topic, I said nothing to warrant an attack on my character by you or the original poster. I said nothing that was deserving of vile emails from her or name-calling and insinuations by you. I won't stoop to the level of name-calling, nor will I stoop to the level of vicious emails. I think you both should be ashamed.








Lea

BGG 28.3 weekers

http://mccarthymayhem.blogspot.com/




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




4kds4me Sun May-18-08 06:36 PM
Member since Mar 29th 2007
457 posts

#350101, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 18
Sun May-18-08 06:38 PM by 4kds4me

Lea,

AGAIN, you have twisted my words.

This was my statement:

"Regarding this statement: "If you want my bedroom, work a job that pays for it." We are all hard working families. Quite frankly, it was a very snobbish and cold hearted statement."

I referred to your STATEMENT as very snobbish and cold hearted. I was not attacking your character. As far as housing your family of 8 in a 6 bedroom home, I personally could not give a rats *ss if you had 17 bedrooms for your family of 6.

You, my dear, are the one that should be ashamed of yourself for twisting my words once again.

As far as vile emails from the op, that's between the op and yourself. I don't know why you felt the need to bring it up in your response to me. What was the purpose in that? Where you attempting to attack my character by insinuating that I had something to do with that?








IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




madmolly Sun May-18-08 06:44 PM
Member since Oct 07th 2005
2021 posts

#350105, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 19


"Where you attempting to attack my character by insinuating that I had something to do with that?"

Nope. That's your game, not mine. I'm out, Gina. Blast away.

Lea

BGG 28.3 weekers

http://mccarthymayhem.blogspot.com/




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




4kds4me Sun May-18-08 06:52 PM
Member since Mar 29th 2007
457 posts

#350111, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 20


Good. I'm glad you cleared that up.

Again, I never attacked your character. I stated that your STATEMENT was coldhearted and snobbish.

I hope I have made that clear. It's in black and white and I am sorry that YOU perceived it as an attack on your character. If you did, that's YOUR problem.



IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




Rosemarie3 Sun May-18-08 07:12 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
1262 posts

#350118, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 21




I really do not understand the need to jump all over lea here, and the need for you to come in here and call her out. Yes most of us are all hard working families, My husband and I both work as well, we live in a nice house for the kids and I, damn we have six bedrooms for five people. I guess I am a snob as well. I seriously think you need to look at your reasoning for posting to begin with. Attacking Lea is not going to solve anything.

I do get that different states have different property taxes etc, but seriously using that as reasoning for her being able to abuse the system and use EI, Early Intervention money to purchase swing sets when there are families out there who can not afford medicine is insane. And here I was under the impression that EI was funded by No Child Left Behind which is Federal and not State Mandate. In fact when we moved to Georgia, our in take person was desperate to get us qualified, she was afraid if they did not maintain their level of need in the county that she would lose federal funding for the next yet. It was not a problem though, because all three qualified for OT and ST, as they are all have severe Sensory Processing Disorder and one with ASPERGERS, So see some of us get the low muscle tone, the need for "Therapy Approved" devices to help and while our therapist said it was great that we have a nice wooden swing set, in fact we need a sensory room (thank God for that sixth bedroom) So we spent a small fortune on sensory equipment to help our children to be the best that they can be. I am not complaining just saying that $2500.00 would have made a nice dent in the medically necessary equipment we had to purchase that insurance would not pay for.

I guess I am being a snob and judgmental as well. I should feel sorry for her for living in an area with such high property taxes and where homes cost so much that she can only live in a two bedroom. Give me a break, we moved across the country to get away from that exact thing, so we could give our children a better live. IN fact my dh turned down some nice career moves so we could live in an area that would allow us to be able to offer them more.

Since my children were born we have been on EI in two different states, one of which is very liberal and in that state I had to beg for my SPD kids to qualify for therapy.. and here we have states hading out money for swing sets and paint.

BBG Triplets Born March 31, 2004
31 weeks three days
Douglas
Kalie and
John Michael




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




4kds4me Sun May-18-08 08:17 PM
Member since Mar 29th 2007
457 posts

#350142, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 22


"I really do not understand the need to jump all over lea here, and the need for you to come in here and call her out. Yes most of us are all hard working families, My husband and I both work as well, we live in a nice house for the kids and I, damn we have six bedrooms for five people. I guess I am a snob as well. I seriously think you need to look at your reasoning for posting to begin with. Attacking Lea is not going to solve anything."

Number 1: It is clearly written in my post that I did not attack Lea's character. I felt that her S T A T E M E N T was snobbish and coldhearted. Lea clearly twisted my words. If you would take the time to actually read my statement word for word, perhaps it would dawn on you that I was not jumping on Lea. It's your problem if you perceived it that way.

Number 2: Well, I guess I am a snob as well. We live in a large house (3500+ sq ft for 6 people) in an executive neighborhood. We are very comfortable on one income AND pay through the nose in taxes. We have made many sacrifies to live in this community. Our propery tax rate is one of the highest in the country (18% per $1000) and our services reflect that. When all is said and done we pay for it, as do residents of the state who do not benefit from it.
That may be the case of the op as well.

Number 3: My reason for posting in the first place (and on the original thread) was to share my knowledge and experience with EI. I belong to a DS forum and am aware of EI in different areas of the country.

FYI: No Child Left Behind has to do with primary and secondary schools. Not EI.
I copied this definition from Wikipedia:
"The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (Public Law 107-110), often abbreviated in print as NCLB and shortened in pronunciation to "nickelbee", is a controversial United States federal law (Act of Congress) that reauthorized a number of federal programs aiming to improve the performance of U.S. primary and secondary schools by increasing the standards of accountability for states, school districts, and schools, as well as providing parents more flexibility in choosing which schools their children will attend. Additionally, it promoted an increased focus on reading and re-authorized the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA). The Act was passed in the House of Representatives on May 23, 2001<1>, United States Senate on June 14, 2001<2> and signed into law on January 8, 2002.

NCLB is the latest federal legislation (another was Goals 2000) which enacts the theories of standards-based education reform, formerly known as outcome-based education, which is based on the belief that high expectations and setting of goals will result in success for all students. The Act requires states to develop assessments in basic skills to be given to all students in certain grades, if those states are to receive federal funding for schools. NCLB does not assert a national achievement standard; standards are set by each individual state in order to comply with the Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which specifies that powers not granted to the federal government or forbidden to state governments are reserved powers of the individual states. The Act also requires that the schools distribute the name, home phone number and address of every student enrolled to military recruiters, unless the student (or the student's parent) specifically opts out.<3>"

I hope this clarifies things. If it doesn't, then it clearly is your problem.





IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




Rosemarie3 Sun May-18-08 08:24 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
1262 posts

#350144, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 24




Yes it does clarify a great deal to me, it helps me to see the type of person you are.

and also shows me that you are capable of using Google. I am just repeating what my intake person told me when we moved to our new executive neighborhood, see you are not the only one that lives in a high end neighborhood.

I guess it is your turn to one up me or Lea. Take your pick

BBG Triplets Born March 31, 2004
31 weeks three days
Douglas
Kalie and
John Michael




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




4kds4me Sun May-18-08 08:40 PM
Member since Mar 29th 2007
457 posts

#350149, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 25


Yes, I know how to use google and I chose a simple explanation from Wikipedia to keep it simple for you. I didn't want to confuse you any further








IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




foreveramom Sun May-18-08 08:42 PM
Member since Jan 30th 2006
935 posts

#350150, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 26


Wow, Gina. I'm thinking there must not be one person on this thread who can't feel the anger/hostility vibe coming from you. Go grab a glass of wine, come back, and re-read the whole thing. It's gotten out of hand.

Mom of: Kristi(22), Kevin(19), Kelli(17), Angus(5) and GGB - Ruca, Nadia and Max (3) Born 10-14-04 at 34 weeks.
www.angusandthetriplets.com
also www.angusandthetriplets.blogspot.com




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




4kds4me Sun May-18-08 08:51 PM
Member since Mar 29th 2007
457 posts

#350157, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 27


I am sorry that you are feeling an anger/hostility vibe in my responses, that was not my intention and I am sorry that you read it that way, but that's not my problem now is it?

Unfortunately, there is no way of conveying ones "tone" in written word.




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




foreveramom Sun May-18-08 09:11 PM
Member since Jan 30th 2006
935 posts

#350163, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 31
Sun May-18-08 09:11 PM by foreveramom

>I am sorry that you are feeling an anger/hostility vibe in my
>responses, that was not my intention and I am sorry that you
>read it that way, but that's not my problem now is it?
>

The last bit "but that's not my problem now is it?" is further evidence of your tension and anger. If you really didn't have your panties twisted over this one, you'd probably have left that part off. You should probably go grab some bath gel beads, jump in the tub and put on some soothing music and forget this whole thread.

Mom of: Kristi(22), Kevin(19), Kelli(17), Angus(5) and GGB - Ruca, Nadia and Max (3) Born 10-14-04 at 34 weeks.
www.angusandthetriplets.com
also www.angusandthetriplets.blogspot.com




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




4kds4me Sun May-18-08 10:15 PM
Member since Mar 29th 2007
457 posts

#350183, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 33


Tension? Nope. None here---I worked out this morning. Anger? Nope. Nothing to be angry about. I find it hard to be angry with people that are a bit on the "slow" side.

Please note: The below statement contains absolutely no anger or tension, just pure ammusement!<<<<------- BTW, that's a HaPpY exclaimation point!
You'd think ya all would have "gotten it" by now! ROFLMBO!




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




madmolly Sun May-18-08 08:44 PM
Member since Oct 07th 2005
2021 posts

#350151, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 26


You've established that you can use both google and the post "edit" button. Good for you. Now can we move on?

Lea

BGG 28.3 weekers

http://mccarthymayhem.blogspot.com/




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




3petes Sun May-18-08 08:47 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
997 posts

#350154, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 28


I wish there was a post delete button that she could use. Her eleventh hour revival techniques are getting old.



Jamye

Love my GGG ~


21 months old.....and counting
Born on 08/07/06

http://www.babysites.com/sites/3petes/



IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




Rosemarie3 Sun May-18-08 08:49 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
1262 posts

#350155, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 26




Believe what you want but I was far from confused.I have not had time to investigate every aspect of EI and do not spend all day on the internet on various chat boards to get the run down on how every aspect of social service works. Instead I took the word of my intake cordinator when we moved here, for some reason I chose to believe her on this, sorry to disapoint you.

And unlike you, I am not that easily confused. I happen to use my brain for something other than the internet.

BBG Triplets Born March 31, 2004
31 weeks three days
Douglas
Kalie and
John Michael




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




4kds4me Sun May-18-08 08:53 PM
Member since Mar 29th 2007
457 posts

#350159, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 30









IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




3petes Sun May-18-08 07:22 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
997 posts

#350124, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 15


Gina,

Thanks once again for providing the entertainment.








Jamye

Love my GGG ~


21 months old.....and counting
Born on 08/07/06

http://www.babysites.com/sites/3petes/



IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




moochie Mon May-19-08 06:21 AM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
343 posts

#350219, "RE: Here is the scoop"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon May-19-08 06:22 AM by moochie

We have a program similar to the one described here, I believe is nationwide, and most triplet families qualify. It offers substantial money for respite care and developmental toys and equipment.

The ARC is the largest advocacy organization in the United States for citizens with cognitive, intellectual, and developmental disabilities, and their families. Every state has their own ARC with local chapters throughout the state. The ARC does have a GREAT program called FSSP.

The FSSP (Family Support Services Program) is a state-funded financial reimbursement program that helps children with developmental disabilities (and triplet preemies fall into this category) by assisting with specific expenses.

Covered expenses include: Respite Care (both in and out of home), Adaptive Equipment, Special Diets, Parent and Sibling Education, Training, & Counseling, Home Modifications, and Developmental Toys and Aids. The FSSP reimburses families for these expenses.

Eligiblity is determined by your County's Board of Mental Retardation (which is our EI program).

You can google ARC to find your local chapter, or just look them up in the phone book (what I did). Here is our local chapter website in case you want more info:
http://www.archamilton.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=38

I can tell you that our ARC is very particular on what they will allow as an expense and what they won't -- I think paints might have been okay as fine motor skills aid, but I don't think a swing set would have gone through here.

ETA: spelling

Jessica
http://lilypie.com>




IP | Delete Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

No comments:

Post a Comment