Thursday, May 21, 2009

Jan 10 2007 MOT Triplet abused at awsome daycare!

momoftreasures Tue May-19-09 12:59 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1133 posts

#245858, "I can't believe it happened to us AGAIN"


WHY WHY WHY, I have asked myself this question ALL night long.
The trio started the New Daycare today. All was good when I dropped them off. HOwever, I had this feeling the daycare was not showing its true colors. But the kids seemed fine better then I had expected... Well everything fell apart tonight when I picked them up. When I arrived the first thing the daycare provider told me was OH the kids had Icecream tonight... Then see looked at the trio and said YEs guys right when we are good we get a special treat at my house.. My first thought was OH great it is 5pm and you just pumped them full of sugar for supper.. Anyway, the kids were wild and racing to get out the door.. UGH.... with out coats and shoes might I add.
Well everything seemed ok until Jeremiah my oldest trip told his brother his ear was hurting.. UGH nate informed me and my first reaction was Oh no he has an ear infection RIGHT?
Well then all of a sudden my little quiet Gabe pure as day speaks up and says NO mommy r((((( pulled his ear today.. I was like what? Then before I could think Hannah starts screaming at Gabriel "NONONO NO Gabe it was an accident, you can't tell mommy, NO NO NO NO NO it was an accident"..... Well at this point I was like WHAT? I had to actually stop the van and raise my voice because Hannah would NOT stop YELLING AT Gabriel.. She tends to be a boss sometimes but this was so NOT her.... Well I finally got part of the story that Jerry was playing toys and that this person wanted him to watch movies and she pulled him by his ear into the living room out of her playroom.... If you can only imagine my ANGER at this moment. I have a 15 minute drive home and well I called instantly SUPRIZE NO ANSWER... UGH imagine that ONE.....
Well when I got home I took them all ONe at a time into my bedroom. NO prying questions I just asked them how their days were and what they did, and then it all came out.. Each one of them gave me the EXACT same story.. even with details of pulling the same ear.....How can this be possible? This had to of happened... Jeremiah keeps complaining his ear is hurting so tomorrow we are going to the doctor. Jeremiah has a terrible speech delay and has issues with oral comprehension.. SO language is not his HIGhly strong area... He also told me and showed me that she hit him on the back. It appears he has bruises... UGH..... Hannah cried tonight and told me she cried HARD for me... and that this person gave her Icecream so she would stop crying..... I guess when this women pulled Jeremiah's ear hannah got upset, and then the women went after Hannah... I am HORRIFIED... WHat have I done? I put them in this daycare because of all the CRAP at the catholic school>>> all of this just for a STUPID degree.. God I feel terrible......
I guess she never touched Gabriel and obviously she did not realize that GABE can TALK quite WELL when he wants to say something....
Anyway, on the way out the door tonight she looked at me and said OH next time you come early will you please call ahead of time.. UGH I was 15 minutes early.. Guess so she can HIDE her true self....
I promised Hannah tonight and apologized for everything.....
I am so devestated at the moment. Dh and I live on almost NOTHING... He is not getting fire overtime at the moment so money is tight..... I was having a heartattack paying 90 dollars a week for 15 hours.. presently Dh only brings home about 800 after all our deductions every two weeks...
Sorry to vent.....
I did post a add in the classifieds for a Nanny.. I am willing to give my whole financial aid check for one that LOVES my children...
But at the moment I feel lost and defeated.. TOTALLY..
I can't believe this has happened.

The kids were so hard tonight..... I know they are angry they trusted me to pick a great spot and I screwed UP.....UGH did I ever.. Hannah told me tonight that the women is hurting her friends too....
Well I am mandated to report so report I will....
I am so upset can this women sue me I have a contract with her??????
FOr sure I am NOT giving her a two week notice.... My daughter is so scared of her she trembles......So scared she is afraid to tell me the truth....


Amy

When you're down to nothing, God is always up to something....

Mom to four awesome kids.

Nathaniel My pride and JOY
11-25-99
My awesome blessings
Jeremiah My blue eyed baby
Hannah My sweet little princess
Gabriel My true angel from heaven
5-



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




Replies to this topic

RE: I can't believe it happened to us AGAIN, TripleScoop, Jan 10th 2007, #1
RE: I can't believe it happened to us AGAIN, lovemy5boys, Jan 10th 2007, #2
RE: I can't believe it happened to us AGAIN, naomi, Jan 10th 2007, #3
RE: I can't believe it happened to us AGAIN, aeiomommy, Jan 10th 2007, #4
RE: I can't believe it happened to us AGAIN, stephkessler, Jan 10th 2007, #6
RE: I can't believe it happened to us AGAIN, momoftreasures, Jan 10th 2007, #5
RE: I can't believe it happened to us AGAIN, ldlebear, Jan 10th 2007, #7
RE: I can't believe it happened to us AGAIN, Catw3kittens, Jan 10th 2007, #8



TripleScoop Wed Jan-10-07 12:25 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
2112 posts

#245860, "RE: I can't believe it happened to us AGAIN"
In response to Reply # 0


holy cow! I can not believe this. Are you gonna press charges? File a police report? Call CPS at least?

BBB Triplets Born 2003




Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




lovemy5boys Wed Jan-10-07 12:28 AM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
1177 posts

#245863, "RE: I can't believe it happened to us AGAIN"
In response to Reply # 0


My God! I'm so sorry. THat is aweful. I would not only report to child protective services but also see if you can file a police report. This woman has no business taking care of children. Did you happen to get a roster or something that has the other parents numbers on it? If so, I would call them and let them know what happened.


proud mom to
DS 7
DS 4
BBB 9/29/06 born @ 32w2d







Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




naomi Wed Jan-10-07 01:44 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1014 posts

#245870, "RE: I can't believe it happened to us AGAIN"
In response to Reply # 0


Amy,

I am so very sorry that this happened to you. I pray that you can forgive yourself and that your children's fear will soon be forgotten.

PLEASE call the police to make a report of what happened. You need to call them now - not in a few days, do it now. You are such a wonderful mom that you discovered this terrible news right away - but think of the children whose parents aren't as tuned in, or who don't have a sibling to tell what is happening. You need to make sure that this woman is not allowed to care for children again.

I know that searching for new daycare (again) puts an awful kink in your plans to get your degree. I know we live in the same state - do you participate in a Mothers of Multiples club in your area? Perhaps someone there could share the name of a GOOD daycare provider?

((Hugs)) to you.



Naomi
gbb 7-12-02




Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




aeiomommy Wed Jan-10-07 05:35 AM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
1913 posts

#245874, "RE: I can't believe it happened to us AGAIN"
In response to Reply # 3


Amy,
I wish we lived closer..I would keep the kids for you,they would become part of our pack and you coudl quit worrying.

This just doesn't seem o get any better for you.
Good Luck Momma!!!!!
Becky
SAHM~
Emma,Amber,Ian 8/18/99
Olivia 9/29/00



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




stephkessler Wed Jan-10-07 10:21 AM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
549 posts

#245928, "RE: I can't believe it happened to us AGAIN"
In response to Reply # 0


First, Hell No I would not give a two week notice either. I would take them all to the doctor and have them tell the doctor what they told you and then I would have the doctor also file a report with children and families as you should too. i would then take the report from the doctor to the daycare provider and confront her with the situation and tell her that you are pulling the kids out and you WILL NOT under any circumstances be honoring your contract with her. let her try and sue you. No judge in the world would hold you accountable for taking your kids out of an unsafe situation. Make sure you write everything down now so that if she does sue you it is all there in writing.

Second, ANY daycare provider that would be upset about you being 15 minutes early.......or early at all for that matter is not right. You should be able to walk in there any time you damn well please and check to see how things are oing. Hell, when my DD started
pre-k I was the crazy mom hiding in the bushes to see what was going on without anyone knowing I was there.

Third, do not beat yourself up about this. Had you known this was like this you would not have put your children there and no that you know you are doing the right thing.

Trust in yourself you are a great momma and your kids love you.

Stephanie
http://kesslerfamily5timesthefun.blogspot.com/








Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




momoftreasures Wed Jan-10-07 08:21 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1133 posts

#245897, "RE: I can't believe it happened to us AGAIN"
In response to Reply # 9


Update,

I am taking the kids to our family doctor today after school.... I am also telling the Social worker at Head Start what is happening at this daycare, plus I figure she can help me find a solution to my daycare issue. Plus I had already switched the bus schedule and well for the rest of the semester they were being dropped at this daycare daily..... YOU are only allowed to changed the bus schedule 2 times I have done this......Well they need to ride the bus as I do not get out of school until 12 and they get out at 11:15// anyway

Do I have that bad of character judgement? UGH I did have that butterfly feeling and I should of FELT IT.. But I brushed it off when my sister told me I was having DAYCARE fear because the kids have really never been in daycare much since birth.. UGH..

Anyway I will keep you posted... I am concerned she might of dislodged Jeremiah's Tube in his ear. He has been complaining all night his ear hurts..

Only great thing is PRAISE the LORD... GABE talked...... a year and a half ago he was MUTE... HE talks HE talks and his words were like a true angel CRISP and CLEAR..... MUSIC to a mommy's ears to bad Hannah freaked out on him.. But at least we know he can truely talk and express himself...

Well thanks everyone for you support, at this point in my life I sure need it...

My dad also had a total hip yesterday and went into shock. This is the main reason I picked the kids up early.. UGH I guess he is holding his own but has LOST alot of blood... SO keep us in your prayers we have alot of sick people in our family at the moment...

Amy

Amy Houle

When you're down to nothing, God is always up to something....

Mom to four awesome kids.

Nathaniel My pride and JOY
11-25-99
My awesome blessings
Jeremiah My blue eyed baby
Hannah My sweet little princess
Gabriel My true angel from heaven
5-



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




ldlebear Wed Jan-10-07 10:39 AM
Member since Jan 21st 2006
588 posts

#245932, "RE: I can't believe it happened to us AGAIN"
In response to Reply # 5


Amy~

I am glad you are taking the kids to the docotr this afternoon. I am also very glad they weren't hurt more seriously. I am very proud of your little ones for telling you what happened. I know they must have been very frightened by the situation and by what would happen for telling.

I would recommend you call Child Protective Services today and now, even though it is earlier than the doctor's appointment. Your children have told you that other children are being hurt by this woman there. Time is of the essence. The report needs to be started immediately so that the welfare and safety of all the children this woman has access to is intact.

I am also very proud of you for remaining calm in all of this, and being suppoertive of your kids. I think many people would have been so angry that they would have tried to confront her on their own.

By the way, none of what this woman did was your fault. Gut instincts or not. Sometimes we all know those can be right or wrong. You put faith and trust into this situation, and unfortunately it turned out badly. The responsibility for hurting your children is that of the woman who hurt them. You've kept your responsibility and promise to your children. You tried to find a good day care, and when something went wrong, you went into action to protect them. Don't beat yourself up. Just keep charging ahead.

Keep us posted.

Melissa

Wife to my best friend
Mom to GGG
05-04




Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




Catw3kittens Wed Jan-10-07 04:26 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
4691 posts

#246040, "RE: I can't believe it happened to us AGAIN"
In response to Reply # 5
Wed Jan-10-07 04:29 PM by Catw3kittens

Amy:

I'm with everyone else on this one: Call CPS NOW. If this woman was willing to mistreat a child that you had CLEARLY told could not speak and could not always understand well (I know you wouldn't have simply left him without explaining this); if this woman has browbeaten Hannah into thinking that this was a secret that could not be shared with Mommy; if your son's ear is still hurting and may actually have a dislodged tube in it; if Jerry has bruises from being hit; then you most certainly owe it to every other little child there to report this woman.

As for your "contract" with this gal??? Sorry honey, I don't know what state you live in, but I can't believe that there is any state that wouldn't find this to be a significant breach of contract. I don't believe you owe her for one day's care, much less the term of your contract. Besides, dependent upon what CPS does to her, it's possible that she'll be unable to provide the services under your contract...

Reading about this simply left me infuriarated. To think that one child cannot speak up for himself; another child was bullied into believing she had to keep a secret; and, only one little child was able to resist and trust in telling his mommy... This woman is something else if she was able to accomplish this -- a 1 out of 3 score is pretty substantial. This means that she is also doing the same with the other children. This is horrible.

As for your degree, keep the faith, honey. I believe that something else will come your way. Try looking in the phone book for pre-schools under some churches. Good ones for pre-schools include the Mennonites, Brethren in Christ, and other "peace seeking" denominations. You'll find that they are gentle with children and foster a loving environment.

As for changing the school bus stop, I believe that you have valid grounds for making the change and that if you explain the circumstances you'll find someone who will grant you a waiver on this.

Good luck to you and please let us know what happens, okay?

Love,
Cat w/3 Kittens
Caidan, Carina and Caeleigh
Born at 31 weeks, 1/8/04.
It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all. In memory of Carina, who was greatly loved.

http://b3.lilypie.com/bDA

No comments:

Post a Comment