Thursday, May 21, 2009

July 18th 2005 MOT Need prayers again

momoftreasures Thu Nov-30-06 10:30 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1133 posts

#236387, "NEED PRAYERS AGAIN"


I have been searching for a house to rent for almost a year and half. I really want to get the kids into a house, as our apartment is getting smaller by the day.. We are constantly in each others spaces and we are pretty stressed.. Well today I found a house... Please cross your fingers that they will take housing assistance, and that they are wonderful people. I drove by the address and the house looks very well kept, new windows, siding ect.... I am just praying this works for us...... I am a little nervous as tomorrow is the first and I have to give a 30 day notice to be out of my apartment....... UGH... Well I just happened to buy the paper today because something told me...
Thanks
Amy Houle

When you're down to nothing, God is always up to something....

Mom to four awesome kids.

Nathaniel My pride and JOY
11-25-99
My awesome blessings
Jeremiah My blue eyed baby
Hannah My sweet little princess
Gabriel My true angel from heaven
5-



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




Replies to this topic


TripleScoop Thu Nov-30-06 10:53 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
2112 posts

#236397, "RE: NEED PRAYERS AGAIN"
In response to Reply # 0


Oh boy. I hope you find a place to live. That house sounds really nice.

Not having a place to live is scary. My husband got layed off 6 months after we were first married (thank goodness no kids yet) and we moved in with my parents. It was hard to not have our own place. And no money!

Are you having a problem finding landlords that take housing assistance? Or is there a shortage of rental properties? If you do not find a house in 30 days do you have a back up plan? Do you have family near by?

I hope that you find a house. I hope you get the room that you need and a yard for your kids. Good luck and keep praying.

Maybe you were ment to pick up that paper today...let us know


BBB Triplets Born 2003




Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




momoftreasures Thu Nov-30-06 11:08 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1133 posts

#236406, "RE: NEED PRAYERS AGAIN"
In response to Reply # 1


I am currently living in a low income housing complex in a four bedroom duplex.. the walls are paper thin and it is very very small. I have been here over a year. I signed up for the program section 8 and have been on it twice and you have like 60 days to find a house. Well both times I have not been sucessful. I can give a notice here tomorrow but then if something happens with this house I could be homeless. Not sure I want to take that risk. If not I will have to pay rent for this month and next month on the new house myself and it is 650 plus all utilites. BUt it is a house and I NEED it with the triplets. I go and look at the inside tonight. I had found a trailer house in the country eariler this week but once the guy found out I had triplets he was like SORRY it will be to small for your family. Just a nice way to say TRIPLETS NO WAY. SO ya I have had a very hard time finding a place to move too. I would love to be in by Christmas......
I want my kids in a GOOD neighboorhood. This house is right across the street from the college and about six blocks from the kids school.. and YES it is one house away from their FAVORITE PARK.. WOW.. SO PRAY they will work with us and rent us this house PLEASE....
I am going to offer her a 1.5 year lease. As I graduate in May of 2008 and I have no intention on moving again until after I graduate...

Amy

Amy Houle

When you're down to nothing, God is always up to something....

Mom to four awesome kids.

Nathaniel My pride and JOY
11-25-99
My awesome blessings
Jeremiah My blue eyed baby
Hannah My sweet little princess
Gabriel My true angel from heaven
5-



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




TripleScoop Thu Nov-30-06 12:12 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
2112 posts

#236419, "RE: NEED PRAYERS AGAIN"
In response to Reply # 2


We had someone who wanted to rent our home with section 8. We decided to do it. Then, the family found a place closer their parents and rented it instead. Our current renters are not section 8 but we have decided that we will offer our home as a place for section 8 housing the next time we rent it. Hopefully we can help more families out there who are looking for places to live.

As a landlord, I really don't see a reason not to offer it. If you get a good family who will treat the home with care then they have a gauranteed rental income. Seems reasonable and smart to me. I don't know why more landlords don't do it unless there is something I am unaware of.

Maybe you can talk them into it. Bring up all the things that will benefit them as landlords if they agree.

BBB Triplets Born 2003




Printer

No comments:

Post a Comment