Thursday, May 21, 2009

Oct 25 2006 MOT Fragile X

momoftreasures Wed Oct-25-06 12:48 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1133 posts

#228005, "Any experience with Fragile X testing????"


We have decided to presue Fragile X testing for the kids esp my son gabriel... I did not realize that I have some of the common symptoms of being a carrier for Fragile X... It has me extremely stress and I feel so terrible. Our babies are IUI babies and this was never even mentioned in our consults prior to our infertility treatments. Prior to the conception of the trio I was already heading down the road to menapause at the age of 23 UGH... I had no idea that fragile X existed... I am stress, do we do the tests, I am just praying that our insurance will pay for them as I have been informed that they are 500 dollars each and they want the trio and I to have them done... I guess I am confused in why they don't want my oldest son done...... I guess Gabe has several of the signs... such as autisic behavior, speech delays, large boy anatomy, tantrums, severe sensory issues... Honestly, I have done alot of research myself and am amazed by it.....
I am just terrified in what this can find for my family.. But having the knowledge I have I can't hide this from my kids.... If something was to happen and hannah was to have a sun with severe effects of fragile X I could NEVER forgive myself... But I am stressing about the fact that someday she will struggle with the infertility like ME.. Not that it is all about having children but the fact that what I struggle with SUCKS on a daily basis.... Nothing like having HOT FLASHES AT 29... UGH.....
SO please say a prayer we could use them.... Pray I have strength to NOT BLAME ME...... If they have this and it is from ME I will feel so utterly responsible... I MEAN my babies are Infertility miracles what if NEVER MIND... I am not going down that pitty path...

thanks everyone......
Amy Houle

When you're down to nothing, God is always up to something....

Mom to four awesome kids.

Nathaniel My pride and JOY
11-25-99
My awesome blessings
Jeremiah My blue eyed baby
Hannah My sweet little princess
Gabriel My true angel from heaven
5-



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




Replies to this topic


kschenker Wed Oct-25-06 11:48 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1526 posts

#228077, "RE: Any experience with Fragile X testing????"
In response to Reply # 0


(((HUGS)))) Hang in there Amy. We have not had the testing but I am familiar with the fragile x due to the fact we have one child on the autism spectrum. Prayers for you and your kids......




Karri
Kolton (12)
Madison (7)
McKayla (7)
Dalton (7)




Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




thentherewere5 Wed Oct-25-06 12:49 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
22 posts

#228093, "RE: Any experience with Fragile X testing????"
In response to Reply # 0


A good friend of mine has two children with Fragile X - her oldest son (now in middle school)and her youngest, a daughter. She was/is the carrier... She found out that her oldest son (she has a middle son who does not have Fragile X)had this when she was pregnant with her daughter.
She could be a wonderful support and has a wealth of information should you want it... Her children are wonderful, thriving, and everyone is doing well - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers - let me know if you would like me to connect the two of you...

Eve Graziani
Mom to GGB 4 & 1/2 yo triplets




Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




kcplus3 Wed Oct-25-06 01:10 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
232 posts

#228107, "RE: Any experience with Fragile X testing????"
In response to Reply # 0


I am not familiar with Fragile X, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and you family. Keep the faith.

Karen

Truly Blessed Moms of
Braden Alexander 4 lbs 15 ozs
Skyler Hope 4 lbs 14 ozs
Daylin Faith 5 lbs 6 ozs






Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

No comments:

Post a Comment