Thursday, May 21, 2009

July 18 2005 MOT mono

momoftreasures Wed Dec-13-06 10:59 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1133 posts

#239881, "UGH DD has MONO"
Thu Dec-14-06 12:20 AM by momoftreasures

Ugh besides the issues with the school my DD is so sick with MONO.. She has been out of school since Monday and her liver function tests are coming back to high for her to go back to school because they are afraid someone will bump her and her liver or spleen could rupture UGH.. Thank god I am on Christmas break from college but I am so fearful she is could pass this on to me. I can't afford to get mono at this point in school.. UGH is their anything I can do to maybe help her along this process. We had planned to leave for TN on Saturday and head to Disneyworld but we can't she is just to sick. SO SAD as we were looking forward to going on vacation UGH...
Talk to you later

Ps before DS went to bed he said he was excited to go back to school today... YES maybe his first day was not that bad... He said that they are behind about 9 stories to were he was at in his private school. this concerns me some but maybe not as his past school kept telling me he was struggling in reading.. Anyway, he thought it was cool as they had partners today, and his partner was so excited he new all the new words pretty awesome

Amy
When you're down to nothing, God is always up to something....

Mom to four awesome kids.

Nathaniel My pride and JOY
11-25-99
My awesome blessings
Jeremiah My blue eyed baby
Hannah My sweet little princess
Gabriel My true angel from heaven
5-



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




Replies to this topic


My4AngelFaces Thu Dec-14-06 11:38 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
166 posts

#239978, "RE: UGH DD has MONO"
In response to Reply # 0



Hi Amy

So sorry to hear about your little girl...

My 8 yr old had mono, last year. I was told from the hospital & doctors that there is nothing you can do for mono. It has to take it's toll. My daughter was totally wiped out and had really bad headaches. The only thing I would suggest is let her get plenty of rest. Hope she feels better soon.



Karen
Mommy to GGG 7yrs old & G 8yrs old



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top




Suzan33 Thu Dec-14-06 12:43 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
1265 posts

#239993, "RE: UGH DD has MONO"
In response to Reply # 0


So sorry to hear your daughther has mono.. I also had mono (twice) but I was older, probably around 13 or 14. I missed a bunch of school and evetually could only go for half days. I think I missed around 80 days of school that year.

Anyways, I asked my mom ( she is sitting next to me) and there were three things we were told to do that will help some.

1. Eat lots of PROTEIN. I had a steak about every day. Also chocolate milk shakes with raw eggs. I know raw eggs are bad but I didn't die from it. You can also get pasturized eggs now.
2. Lots of rest, obviuosly
3. Keep the electrolytes up (we think that was the third). So I drank A LOT of gatorade.

Hope that helps some and that she started to feel better.

Suzan

g/g/b August 21, 2005
my miracle 24 weekers!!!!
""




Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

No comments:

Post a Comment