Saturday, May 16, 2009

March 18 2008 Does TC need a makeover?

Subject: "Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeover???" Previous topic | Next topic


carebears3
Sun Mar-18-07 11:52 AM
Member since Jul 20th 2005
416 posts


#265249, "Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeover???"

I was thrilled to find this place when I found out I was pregnant two years ago. As I'm sure many many women are/were. This is the only forum for triplet moms out there.

What is so sad is that hundreds of triplet mommies out there need help and advice but so many are not comfortable here, they are afraid of being picked on or their post not being responsed to b/c they are not in the clique. I guess thats why they "lurk".

I remember posting questions in the beginning and some people complaining about new moms asking the same questions over and over. Well as long as people keep having triplets these same questions are going to keep coming up. They need the help they have no where else to go.

There are some awesome moms here!!!! I just feel that this place could be so much better. I think that everyone here needs to relax and remember that we all just need to be here to support and help each other and not knock each other down. It's not easy being a triplet mom.


Here is my 2¢...

#1
Why don't the moms that what a clique make a small group of friends somewhere on yahoo or xsorbit.

#2
I think everyone should stop/or cut down on the NTR, it's a triplet forum and we are all here to talk about our triplets or get info on triplets. Maybe that could help keep everyone on track and cut down on the some drama.

#3
Not that the owner of the forum needs more work but what about making rooms for parents of kids born in 2000, 2001, 2002 etc. Thats what another member here did, she was looking for moms with kids the same age and started a room for us somewhere else. And we have become very close friends with no drama. I bet a lot of new moms here would love to have a close friendships with moms of kids the same age.


What else do you think could help to save this board and make it a friendly and welcoming place and not a drama, days of our lives place.

It's time to stand up and say whats on your mind, moms that don't feel comfortable here.
Cheryl

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Replies to this topic


RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., welshkin, Mar 18th 2007, #1
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., ShanAZ, Mar 18th 2007, #2
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., AngelP, Mar 18th 2007, #3
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., naynay, Mar 18th 2007, #4
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., sushannah, Mar 18th 2007, #5
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., BYU49er, Mar 18th 2007, #6
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., carebears3, Mar 18th 2007, #7
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., carebears3, Mar 18th 2007, #9
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., angeliagg, Mar 18th 2007, #8
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., carebears3, Mar 18th 2007, #17
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., katengarry, Mar 18th 2007, #10
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., angeliagg, Mar 18th 2007, #11
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., Laurene, Mar 18th 2007, #12
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., Colette, Mar 18th 2007, #13
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., carebears3, Mar 18th 2007, #16
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., Laurene, Mar 18th 2007, #19
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., carebears3, Mar 19th 2007, #27
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., boomom, Mar 18th 2007, #20
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., Laurene, Mar 18th 2007, #21
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., Valerieben, Mar 18th 2007, #24
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., frenchrachel, Mar 18th 2007, #14
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., raechelgo, Mar 18th 2007, #15
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., MSTAR, Mar 18th 2007, #18
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., tripplefun, Mar 18th 2007, #22
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., Colette, Mar 18th 2007, #23
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., marsha_mom, Mar 18th 2007, #25
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., tripletots98, Mar 18th 2007, #26
RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..., VonWasden, Mar 19th 2007, #28



welshkin
Sun Mar-18-07 12:01 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
94 posts


#265251, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 0

Cheryl
All I can say is Amen. I agree, I come here for support and to find out I am not alone. I don't like to read posts that make me feel like a "looser" or not part of the group. I have the only set of triplets in a 75 mile radius and this is/has been a life saver for me. I usually "lurk" but have gained tremendious information from doing just that.
Aren't we all an example to those just finding out they are pregnant with multiples? Someone was there for us, now we need to be there for them. I think the site is fine, it would help if the NTR's were cut down a little. This is just my opioion, hope no one is offended.

Sarah
Mom to BBB born 11-2-05
2.6
2.12
3.1

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





ShanAZ
Sun Mar-18-07 12:08 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2005
685 posts


#265255, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 0

I agree. I think it's sad. This site was such a lifeline to me when I was pregnant. It helped me prepare for the NICU, it helped me understand medical terminology. It helped me not freak out everytime the girls had a bad day in the NICU. It helped me schedule my babies and tell me it was o.k. to schedule my babies when everyone else was telling me how awful I was.

I got to read money saving tips, time saving tips, SANITY saving tips. I felt better being reassured when my kiddos weren't doing what all the singleton kiddos were doing.

The sad part is, newly pregnant or new moms of triplets might be put off by the constant drama here (lately) and not stick around for the wealth of information this site provides. And then not be around to help pass it on for new moms. That is JMO.
ggg, 25 weekers
Nov, 2005

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





AngelP
Sun Mar-18-07 12:20 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1126 posts


#265258, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Mar-18-07 12:46 PM by AngelP

Cheryl,
Thank you for posting this. I know there was email groups at one time with the different ages groups. I'm not sure if that still exists or not.

Although we all won't have the same opinions and this is the internet, I believe this is forum is meant to be supportive. As I always remind my kids, if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. If what you are going to say to someone is not supportive or helpful in some way, I would hesitate in posting a response.

My boys are now 7 yrs old, and I don't come here as much to get support myself but to offer support to others when needed. My boys were born so early, at 26 wks and are doing wonderful. I am so happy when I can offer hope to someone else going through a similar situations.

I hope that this site can continue to be what it is meant to be.
The Triplet Connection is "A Network of Caring and Sharing for Multiple Birth Families".
Angel (mom to Justin, Andrew, Brandon 7 yrs, Angie 13 yrs)

Help fight prematurity and save the lives of babies! Visit: www.walkamerica.org/PiechotaFamily

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





naynay
Sun Mar-18-07 12:28 PM
Member since Feb 28th 2007
44 posts


#265260, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 3

Well said, Ladies - well said!!


MOM to GBG born @ 29 weeks!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





sushannah
Sun Mar-18-07 12:32 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
210 posts


#265261, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 0

Perhaps if the moderators enforced where certain messages should go (ie. NTR goes to the non-multiples related forum). It would meanthat we would have to check multiple forums, but might be worth it.
Sushannah and Stephen

parents to:
Olivia, Maggie, and Sam
born at 31 weeks



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





BYU49er
Sun Mar-18-07 12:41 PM
Member since Jul 20th 2005
183 posts


#265262, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 0

As I am trying to decide just where the changes need to be made, please PM me with your ideas.

FYI there are multiple forums for different age groups. Just look at the list on the first page after logging in.

Jeff

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





carebears3
Sun Mar-18-07 01:01 PM
Member since Jul 20th 2005
416 posts


#265272, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 6

Jeff

I have never talked with you before but I would like to say thank you for taking on such a hard job of running a board like this. I think people forget that the Triplet Connection is FREE and your not getting paid for this. Everyone should be so thankful to have a place such as this and not abuse it

Thanks for the info on the different age groups. I think it would be great if we started making use of these.
Cheryl

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





carebears3
Sun Mar-18-07 01:24 PM
Member since Jul 20th 2005
416 posts


#265278, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 6

Okay maybe I'm missing it, I don't see any groups for moms with different ages on the first page of the forums. I'm talking about rooms for all the babies born in 2007, 2006, 2005 etc, so that way moms can meet up with other moms who are going through the same thing at the same time. I always see pregnant moms looking for other pregnant moms to talk to, same goes for moms with with one year olds or two years old etc.

Thanks, Cheryl

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





angeliagg
Sun Mar-18-07 01:24 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
646 posts


#265277, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 0

I completely agree with your Cheryl. I feel sad to see a place that was a wealth of information when pregnant go downhill so fast. The first set of triplets I ever met were MINE! I desperately needed the advice of others who had been there and done that. I know I've been very discouraged in the past to post newborn related questions that I desperately needed advice to and have very few responses. But then other people who are more in the "in crowd" can post a similiar question and get tons of responses. And that's the exact reason why I rarely post anymore but offer support if I can. Raising triplets is HARD, HARD, HARD! I so need the support of other moms and this place just isn't giving that anymore it doesn't seem.

I highly agree that having actual forums for same-age kiddos, pregnancies, and 1 general kinda catch-all would make a huge difference. There are so many questions here that pertain to so many different ages that I think if all of us 2005 parents (for example) could have a place to go with it would help build relatinoships, minimize drama, and for a chance give helpful advice to those in the same situations. And there can still be a general type forum where everyone can post and chit chat but at least those of us that have age-specific questions can get some better advice. Veteran moms could still come in and post responses in the age-related forums but none of them will have to fill put out because they've been asked for the 15th hundred time who to register for at a baby shower, which is highly important to the mom-to-be at the time. Those that want to provide helpful advice are more than welcome to go give their input on baby shower registering and those that don't can stick in their own age group while they discuss the difficulties of potty training.

This site has so many women that have a huge wealth of information and support. Let's not lose focus of that. I hate to think that new moms are being turned away because of the drama on here. Thank god, I didn't first visit this board and see all this going on because I would have been completely turned off and ran away. We all need each others valuable support and input. We could even have a mom's night out forum where we could joke and talk about grown-up stuff that doesn't concern diapers, throw up, reflux, etc. How many of us have completely lost any and all friendships we used to have now that I our world is consumed by triplet-raising? We all need the friendships that can be found here. I hope this can all be figured out and make this place somewhere welcoming.
GBB born Dec 27, 2005 at 31w4d

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





carebears3
Sun Mar-18-07 03:51 PM
Member since Jul 20th 2005
416 posts


#265346, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 8

Angelia
I think you did a great job of explaining how an age-related forums would work for support. And I totally agree that we need the wisdom from the veteran moms. I hope something can be worked out to make TC a place that people can't stand away from. Thanks for your thoughts.
Cheryl

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





katengarry
Sun Mar-18-07 01:26 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
582 posts


#265281, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 0

Well said Cheryl!! I remember not posting much in the beginning too because someone had made the comment about being annoyed by all the new moms and asking the same questions.......I really feel like this board is not overly friendly (especially lately) to new members. I really don't get that???? Isn't that why we are all here, to support each other through this experience??
I am one of our state coordinators for M.O.S.T. (moms of supertwins) and am very active with the multiples in my state. I am always trying to help find local groups and web sites to help make this experience a little easier for these new HOM moms, and I am finding it hard to recommend this site right now. With all the fighting and criticism lately, it makes me nervous to post anything as well. As I read some of these posts I am instantly taken back to Jr. High crap, that I think we all would rather not go back to!!
We all are going to have different opinions about things and thats what makes this such a great forum, but why do we have to attack each other over those differences??? Why can't we just agree to disagree, state our opinion on the topic and MOVE ON!!
I really have enjoyed the connections and input I have recieved from people here and hope we can continue to be a supportive community. We need to be there to support each other!

Katie


Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





angeliagg
Sun Mar-18-07 02:09 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
646 posts


#265295, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 0

I also wanted to add that if the powers to be have deemed the word "natural" to be offensive then why not post a sticky thread at the top that says outright:

We have deemed the word "natural" to be offensive to many posters because blah, blah, blah. Please refrain from using "natural" and use instead spontaneous or whatever terms are agreed upon as being nonoffensive. Then users know right off the bat what not to say and why. I think that could eliminate a lot of hurt feelings on both side. People will be a little more educated about why the N-word is not ok to say here and those offended won't have to worry about educating all the ones who don't know what shitstorm will follow from saying it.
GBB born Dec 27, 2005 at 31w4d

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Laurene
Sun Mar-18-07 02:09 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
2126 posts


#265296, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 0

Great suggestions Cheryl. I'm a moderator on the MOST website and they have those breakdowns - they also have a separate place to discuss polical issues, news, etc - it's really nice and not cluttered.

How are you - think of you often! We will be on the Big Island in June for 9 days if your wanting a get away!
Laurene- Proud mother of six: Janis 26 - attending UCSF for Masters in Critical Care Nursing; Jessica 24 - Graduates in May with RN; Jeremiah 22 - Married and a Diesel/Mechanic Welder with two Assoc degrees



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Colette
Sun Mar-18-07 02:16 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
455 posts


#265301, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 12

Laurene - I'm also a Mod. on MOST, funny how I've NEVER noticed any of this kind of BS on the old boards or the new revamped ones (which are great). I also love the security of not having to deal will, drama mamas, fakers, belly men, etc...


This issue has been discussed many times and the powers that be just aren't that interested in change.

http://lilypie.com>
http://lilypie.com>

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





carebears3
Sun Mar-18-07 03:45 PM
Member since Jul 20th 2005
416 posts


#265345, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 12

Laurene
Hi! Congrats on your dd's wedding coming up. That must be something huh, you are dealing with weddings and toddlers LOL, I'm going crazy with my teenagers and toddlers ugh. Boy you should do get around huh, Big Island wow. Will you be bringing the little ones? I didn't know MOST had a forum.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Laurene
Sun Mar-18-07 05:12 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
2126 posts


#265375, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 16

Yes, VERY crazy right now at my house - my oldest is in the Bay Area so we are e mailing like crazy (what do you think of this dress, invites, locale...etc!) and the kiddos are def 2 suddenly! And my mother is being impossible, DH is working a ton of hours, 2nd DD is graduating in May, 1st DD graduating in June - off to Hawaii with all six kids and one spouse right after 1st DD graduates and then back to the bay area for 3 days and the wedding! OMG! No wonder I need medication! lol

Yes, MOST has a lovely website - and yes, I never see drama there, very peaceful - I've wondered why that is actually.

www.mostonline.org - I feel very badly for TC right now - really bad things have happened, many people are hurt and confused, many will be not so interested in participating in the way they used to. SAD!
Laurene- Proud mother of six: Janis 26 - attending UCSF for Masters in Critical Care Nursing; Jessica 24 - Graduates in May with RN; Jeremiah 22 - Married and a Diesel/Mechanic Welder with two Assoc degrees



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





carebears3
Mon Mar-19-07 12:02 PM
Member since Jul 20th 2005
416 posts


#265640, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 19

Laurene
Oh my goodness, I would have a nervous breakdown LOL!!! You must be so PROUD of your kids. Maybe I will check out MOST if things down change around here. I'm thinking it could be better b/c you pay for it. You know how people are when they pay for things they think differently. When things are free they just have a who cares attitude sometimes. Take care and try to enjoy all the excitement and Congrats to your kids and to you for doing an awesome job with your kids.
Cheryl

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





boomom
Sun Mar-18-07 05:19 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1373 posts


#265377, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 12

"Great suggestions Cheryl. I'm a moderator on the MOST website and they have those breakdowns - they also have a separate place to discuss polical issues, news, etc - it's really nice and not cluttered."

Now THAT is a great idea!!! I was on a board that related to the resort that dh and I stayed at while on vacation and they had a seperate place for politics, religion etc. It kept the crap out of the pertinant forums. I realize that there is a non-multiple related forum, but perhaps if something is labled as "controversial subjects" maybe it point members in that direction. I do not think that there is any room on any portion of TC's forum for the bashing and nastiness that did take place the last few days though.

Love the idea!

Gina
G 12yo
BGG(Down Syndrome)9yo
"You will know sorrow like few others and yet you will know joy above joy. You will meet dirty faced angels on playgrounds who are kind to your child without being told to be." Susan F. Rzucidlo

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Laurene
Sun Mar-18-07 05:24 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
2126 posts


#265383, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 20

Gina - Thanks! I agree, no fun reading peoples nerves being so frazzled huh.
Laurene- Proud mother of six: Janis 26 - attending UCSF for Masters in Critical Care Nursing; Jessica 24 - Graduates in May with RN; Jeremiah 22 - Married and a Diesel/Mechanic Welder with two Assoc degrees



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Valerieben
Sun Mar-18-07 07:26 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
971 posts


#265424, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 21

I have been a member of another forum for almost 4 years now and we have never had a problem with drama (although a lot of that has to do with the behind the scenes work of all of the moderators). We have a General Forum, but we also have separate forums for Current Events, Pregnancy, Toodlerhood, School-Age, Raising Teenagers, Fitness/Wellness. . .there is even a "Naughty Forum!" I think having the separate forums has definitely helped to keep "drama" off of the boards and it has always been a nice place to go after a long day! We are all there for different reasons so it is nice being able to go to a specific forum for questions/answers.

Another thing that would probably help immensely would be enlisting more moderators. As of right now I believe that only Jeff and Tiffani moderate this board. That is A LOT of work on top of everything else that they have going on in their lives (and this is probably the reason that some posts that should be pulled are not pulled very quickly. . .because between the two of them, they may not see them until the drama is in full swing). The other board that I belong to has several moderators responsible for each forum. They "meet" on a regular basis to discuss what is going on on the boards, things that they could improve, etc. and I am so grateful for all of their hard work. So, for Jeff and Tiffani's sakes, as well as for all of the other members of TC, I think it would be great to add a few more moderators to the team!

This forum is only one part of the Triplet Connection and I know that countless hours are devoted to running it. I can definitely understand why there haven't been a lot of changes made because it does take A LOT of time and effort and I appreciate all of the work that those involved in running it put forth!

Valerie
Proud Mommy of:
Maren (5.2), Lukas (4.10) and Jacob(5.0)
Born January 22, 2005 at 33.6 weeks
http://family.avitria.com



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





frenchrachel
Sun Mar-18-07 02:41 PM
Member since Nov 26th 2006
106 posts


#265307, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 0

Just some comments, thoughts.
- First of all, I really enjoy this website. I honestly don't mind that there are differences of a oppinions. I think that makes life interesting. I enjoy each of you. After having my triplets I had to sell my business and am at home full time. I rarely see anyone other than my husband. So I love to come on every day and see what the rest of the world is talking about. I don't mind NTR posts if it doesn't interest me I just move on.
-I agree with another poster that talks about words that may be offensive. I personally would not have ever known or even thought about the word natural being offensive. I was very interested reading the posts on both sides. It opened my eyes on how others may feel. Having a child with Down Syndrome I used to take offensive to the word retarded. Years later I just educate the person as to what is the correct terminology and move on.
- I also didn't know that all caps was considered yelling. There have been times I typed a post and my caps was stuck on. I thought nothing of it.
All in all I am satisfied with the TC, I would just rather not have been be rude or call others names. That's all.


Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





raechelgo
Sun Mar-18-07 03:34 PM
Member since Oct 10th 2005
166 posts


#265343, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 0

OK, I haven't read all the other replies, but I am a member of a same age group in Yahoo and LOVE the closeknit community there, but it is good to come here to get advice from moms with older kids. How about a Frequently Asked Questions section that has stuff like comparison of strollers, what equipment you need 1 or 3 of, what vehicles hold what stroller, etc...all that stuff. Might cut down on the repeat stuff. I have tried to search and sometimes have difficulty finding threads and am afraid to even ask because I know it has been covered lots of times.

Raechel, Mom to Abigail, Sophia, and Gabriella 8-4-05




Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





MSTAR
Sun Mar-18-07 04:22 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
806 posts


#265354, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 0

I like the forum. I don't mind answering the same questions if I have time. I have no problem sharing the knowlegde I've accumulated for the last 3.5 years. This is why I'm a stork mom in my multiple's club too. There is already a veteran's page for the older triplet moms, isn't there? Someday if I feel this no longer interests me, I probably will just stop logging on because I'll be interested in something else by then.

I find this forum a valuable resource to all. Think of how many babies lives we've saved by getting out the right information. We rock!
Michele
Sarah, Gregory, Amanda
born 1/22/04 at 35w1d

Our surprise baby Austin born 06/15/2005

www.fourtimesthefun.blogspot.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





tripplefun
Sun Mar-18-07 05:35 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
790 posts


#265391, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 0

I agree this site needs a makeover. I think it would be good to have a few more forums for age like groups.

a forum for:

pregnant moms
infants
toddlers
pre-school age

we have the vets forum but there have been a few that post with kids that are potty training or just starting pre school. This is one of the main reasons ive not been as active on the vets forum. Now dont flame me but I wouldnt go to the pregnancy forum and start a conversation about something that is out of the norm. Perhaps that could be posted on a general board.

That is just my 2 cents. Its been brought up before but must not have been a good idea because it was dropped.
Sandy, mom to

Matt just turned 18, It cant be, my baby cannot be 18 already!

We just had a birthday
Sydney 7
Morgan 7
Cade 7

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Colette
Sun Mar-18-07 06:07 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
455 posts


#265396, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 22

I think many have tried in the past about the same issues but nothing was ever done, don't know why....

That is probably why the New MOST forums are getting a lot more traffic. There have all these seperate groups, pregnancy, cooking, toddler, woman to woman, marriage and family, military, school age, large family, single parents, homeschooling, just to name a few.... and without all the issues there seems to be here, maybe because you need to be a member but it sure does weed out all the rif raf, well worth the $25.00 and MOST have never turned away someone who can't afford the membership.
http://lilypie.com>
http://lilypie.com>

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





marsha_mom
Sun Mar-18-07 07:42 PM
Member since Nov 02nd 2005
352 posts


#265432, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 0

One thing I have wondered about is whether there could be a FAQ section for the top ten searches since people seem to have trouble finding what they want using the search mechanism. I realize that the content is constantly changing but maybe the moderators could create a a little search bot. For example you go to the frequently asked questions section, click on "feeding three babies at once" it creates an automated query that pulls up relevant postings. Or even just a standard old FAQ sheet since a lot of the basic info for this type of question doesn't change frequently.

Also, maybe there could be more sub-forums. One for new moms, one for parents of toddlers and preschoolers and then the existing veterans forum. A new mom might post a question on the toddler forum to get input from more experienced moms but the new moms would now have a place to share pregancy and delivery experiences, etc.

Just some thoughts. I think this board is an amazing resource. We all just need for spring to come. It's like stories about how the midnight sun and sirocco winds make people crazy. It's the housebound triplet mommmy syndrome
Marsha
mom to Nick, Hannah and Paige born July 15, 2004

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





tripletots98
Sun Mar-18-07 10:07 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1153 posts


#265494, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Mar-18-07 10:41 PM by tripletots98

RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeover???

YES, YES, YES!!!!

Amy~
Paige, Austin & Hailee - 8yrs
10/29/98 34w1d


Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





VonWasden
Mon Mar-19-07 01:25 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1962 posts


#265682, "RE: Do you think the Triplet Connection needs a makeove..."
In response to Reply # 0

Cheryl,

If I can reply...

1) Many groups have set up their own offsite groups and have wonderful conversationas and friendships there.

2) I personally like the NTR topics. If you really look at most of them they are topic related in that they are related to our lives with triplets (or more) but aren't specifically triplet related. I like being able to get and give opinions on all sorts of topics. In fact, I find it nice to be able to broaden our range of conversation beyond the bottle and bed schedules, potty training and all the other topics we see.

3) Again, this goes back to item #1, there are age related groups on Yahoo by season and year of birth. You can do a search for your group and sign up for it. If there isn't one, then please step forward and set one up and invite others to join.

One of my biggest concerns with any website is that so many use the forums, but hardly any want to contribute to the running of them. Those that wish to criticize the current moderators may wish to add their own energy and talents by volunteering to TC as a moderator, or some other spot to help out. After awhile it begins to resemble the Red Hen story where she does all the work to bake the bread, but everyone else wants to reap the benefits of the work.
Kim
Nate, Nick & Noel(36w4d)and Nia.

http://lilypie.com>

http://lilypie.com>

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

No comments:

Post a Comment