Saturday, May 16, 2009

May 12 2007 Adgrow sick of DH vents

Subject: "Enough with the Husband Hating Posts" Previous topic | Next topic


adgrow
Sat May-12-07 02:34 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2006
250 posts


#277431, "Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
Sat May-12-07 02:37 PM by adgrow

Husband posting here:

I understand that no marriage is perfect and that we, men/husbands/whatever, often do things that irk you our wives, but can we take the ranting off board. I know there is a need to rant, but it would be very upsetting to me if I, as a husband, found out that my wife was going onto a public message board and complaining about our personal life.

Wives, take into consideration that you are ranting publicly about your husband, the one you chose to marry. I wouldn't do it about my wife and I doubt you would want your husband to do it about you.

Oh, and Happy Mother's Day!
Brinlee 3 lbs 6 oz
Sawyer 3 lbs 13 oz
Kimball 3 lbs 2 oz

Born 10/20/06
Due date 12/20/06

www.growingthefamily.com/adamblog





Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Replies to this topic


RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, pixilee, May 12th 2007, #1
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, TripleScoop, May 13th 2007, #51
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, tripletots98, May 12th 2007, #2
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, jonib, May 12th 2007, #3
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, Tracey, May 12th 2007, #4
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, adgrow, May 12th 2007, #5
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, jonib, May 12th 2007, #6
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, ash, May 12th 2007, #13
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, kristilayne76, May 12th 2007, #7
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, adgrow, May 12th 2007, #11
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, adgrow, May 12th 2007, #21
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, Annie3, May 12th 2007, #26
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, adgrow, May 12th 2007, #28
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, naynay, May 12th 2007, #14
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, merigold, May 12th 2007, #8
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, brunobabies3, May 12th 2007, #9
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, jonib, May 12th 2007, #10
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, adgrow, May 12th 2007, #12
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, naynay, May 12th 2007, #16
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, adgrow, May 12th 2007, #18
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, jonib, May 12th 2007, #35
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, gkm15099, May 12th 2007, #36
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, jonib, May 12th 2007, #37
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, gkm15099, May 12th 2007, #38
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, jonib, May 12th 2007, #39
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, adgrow, May 13th 2007, #42
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, BrookeFl, May 12th 2007, #15
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, naynay, May 12th 2007, #17
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, adgrow, May 12th 2007, #19
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, BrookeFl, May 12th 2007, #20
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, foreveramom, May 12th 2007, #23
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, adgrow, May 12th 2007, #25
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, gkm15099, May 12th 2007, #27
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, adgrow, May 12th 2007, #29
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, gkm15099, May 12th 2007, #30
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, adgrow, May 12th 2007, #31
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, gkm15099, May 12th 2007, #33
Just a thought..., Tracey, May 12th 2007, #22
RE: Just a thought..., adgrow, May 12th 2007, #24
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, ShanAZ, May 12th 2007, #32
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, angeliagg, May 12th 2007, #34
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, tripplefun, May 12th 2007, #40
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, MSTAR, May 12th 2007, #41
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, Triplethefun04, May 13th 2007, #43
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, welshkin, May 13th 2007, #44
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, brunobabies3, May 13th 2007, #45
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, jonib, May 13th 2007, #46
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, Rosemarie3, May 13th 2007, #47
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, jonib, May 13th 2007, #48
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, adgrow, May 13th 2007, #49
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, jonib, May 13th 2007, #50
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, Annie3, May 13th 2007, #52
RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts, jonib, May 13th 2007, #53



pixilee
Sat May-12-07 02:47 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2005
1104 posts


#277435, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat May-12-07 02:48 PM by pixilee

I do understand your concern in this matter. It seems to me that is is better for perfect strangers to hear your marital complaints than those who are close to you like friends, neighbors, family members, etc.

There have been times that emotions have been high between me and my husband, who I love dearly, and I wouldn't want to complicate the situation by telling someone close to me about our argument. BUT, it is good to get things off your chest sometimes and to know that we are not alone.

It would be perfect if none of us ever needed to vent, but, you as a member of this forum have a right NOT to read posts that upset you.

Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes.
Jonna

Daylan 13
Austin 9
Abegail (Stillborn Angel 4/16/05)
Jackson, Ella, Landon 1/10/06 @ 27 wks



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





TripleScoop
Sun May-13-07 04:24 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1649 posts


#277580, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 1

I think there is a difference between constant complaining about a spouse or needing specific advice on an issue.

I have sat around in groups of woman when they start to complain about their husbands-my husband this and my husband that....the socks on the floor, he won't do the dishes, this and that...nit picky stuff.

That is when I shut my mouth and get up and walk away. I hate this kind of talk. Husbands deserve better.

BUT...when a friend speaks up and says, "ok ladies, I have a real issue that I need advice on" I listen. I truly believe that most woman want to resolve these issues and do need advice. People call doctor Laura, talk to a close friend, or choose strangers (sometimes easier) to seek advice.

Woman are more emotional, we communicate differently, and we vent. We are much different than men. This is how we resolve our issues. By talking the out.

If any woman came on this board and bashed her husband I would be very sad for the man. It is wrong. But, I will always support those who come here with an issue that need advice, comfort, support, and understanding.

Our children and marriages our the biggest part of our lives. We will find the majority of problems arising from these two aspects. This board will always and should always be an outlet for support on these issues.

PS-sometimes, we wives come here with a problem with our husbands or relationship to find that WE are actually in the wrong. I had an issue a while back with my husband keeping everything that belonged to his grandparents including a car that I felt was taking up space. After posting here I changed my view and realized that maybe I was in the wrong. My husband still has the car and I will never say anything about it again. My husband has TC to thank for that.
BBB Triplets Born 2003

http://www.jasonlanier.com
http://www.mormon.org
http://www.loveandlogic.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





tripletots98
Sat May-12-07 03:15 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1264 posts


#277437, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 0

With all due respect, it's never gonna happen! We have have a board comprised of (approx)98% women, mothers, some of whom are SAHMs 24/7. TC is an outlet for many of those women. A place to find others who are going through or have been through similar situations. We're not broadcasting on the "Jerry Springer Show" here, lol!

I haven't read all the posts you are referring to but I doubt any of the posters HATE their husbands. And I don't see where any of them said they do!?! Btw-I believe there is still a Father's Forum somewhere, maybe you could join that support group & you won't have to worry about many husband hating posts there!

Like the pp said, if you find the 'venting' posts offensive, skip it!

Amy~
Paige, Austin & Hailee - 8yrs
10/29/98 34w1d

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





jonib
Sat May-12-07 03:38 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2005
468 posts


#277438, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 0

maybe we could have a specific "Ranting Against Husbands" forum?

I understand that no marriage is perfect and that we, men/husbands/whatever, often do things that irk you our wives, but can we take the ranting off board. I know there is a need to rant, but it would be very upsetting to me if I, as a husband, found out that my wife was going onto a public message board and complaining about our personal life.

You should probably never go to coffee or girls night out with your wife and her friends...I'm gonna bet you are probably getting complained about a little bit!

Now get off of your wifes computer and go get her something special for mothers day! Have you not learned ANYTHING from the rants???
Jonib
16 month old cuties, Abby, Andy and Caroline
Rhett 9

no, I can't get the lily pie to work

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Tracey
Sat May-12-07 03:55 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
2097 posts


#277440, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 3

ROFLMBO!!
"Ranting Against Husbands" forum: I needed the laugh--thanks
Tracey

Michael (10)
Francesca (9)
Matthew, Alexis & Gabrielle (7)
Torunn (Norwegian DD,19)
Johannes (upcoming German DS,15)

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





adgrow
Sat May-12-07 03:56 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2006
250 posts


#277442, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 3

Wow. You sound so bitter and angry, that I'm not going to respond beyond saying that your marriage situation must be much different than mine and I'm sorry for you.
Brinlee 3 lbs 6 oz
Sawyer 3 lbs 13 oz
Kimball 3 lbs 2 oz

Born 10/20/06
Due date 12/20/06

www.growingthefamily.com/adamblog





Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





jonib
Sat May-12-07 04:14 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2005
468 posts


#277444, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 5

you're kidding right???

that was a funny post! at least for me it was...come on, lighten up!
Jonib
16 month old cuties, Abby, Andy and Caroline
Rhett 9

no, I can't get the lily pie to work

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





ash
Sat May-12-07 05:22 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
865 posts


#277458, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 6

:) I'm still laughing anyway!!!!!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





kristilayne76
Sat May-12-07 04:25 PM
Member since Aug 28th 2006
37 posts


#277445, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 3

I respect your opinion...and as somebody who just ranted about her husband I am going to take a shot in the dark and say mine is probably one of the posts you are referring to. Please allow me to clarify a few things.

First of all, I absolutely do not hate my husband. That is why I refer to him as DH (dear husband).

Secondly, as the pp stated. I specifically chose this outlet as to NOT jeopordize my friends/family's opinion of my husband. This is fairly anonymous as I never referred to city, last name ect. And honestly don't post enough for any of this ladies (or men) to know that information readily.

I regularly brag on him as he is a wonderful person, husband, father and friend.

I also second the opinion that this is board is established to put many things out there to our peers in similar situations to let us know that we are not alone and "this too shall pass".

Lastly, you are right to say that I would not like it if my husband said the same things about me. Honestly, I hate the thought that he would even feel them but know he probably does from time to time. And when he does I would much prefer that perfect strangers hear about it than friends or even worse...his mother.

I am sorry to have offended.
Kristi

Mom to Laynee, Samuel, Seth



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





adgrow
Sat May-12-07 05:14 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2006
250 posts


#277456, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 3

This is the wife, and now you're throwing down the gauntlet. I didn't want to do it, but you have forced me to make everyone envious of what a fantastic husband I have.

He is an excellent gift giver. He always puts a lot of thought into my gifts and gets me just what I want or would want. No hints required. He actually notices when I off-handedly mention I like something. I am positively spoiled. He already has my Mother's Day gift. He even bought me this laptop during my pregnancy so I wouldn't have to go downstairs to get to the other computer.

During my pregnancy he cooked, cleaned, shopped and did absolutely everything for me with no complaints and not being asked. When I had to take terbutaline, he set his alarm twice a night to wake me up to take it.

He makes sure I get time out alone and away from the kids. He alternates nights with me for monitor duty. He is a 100% hands-on dad and takes as much care of them as I do from the moment he walks in the door. He has been positively giddy about the babies coming ever since we found out about them. He even wants another set of triplets. He did at least as many night feedings as I did when they were younger.

He has always helped me with cleaning and cooking, even before the kids. I don't have to gripe, threaten, pout or sulk. He just does it because he is a wonderful husband.

He is the one who insisted we get an au pair to help me, even though it is very tight for our budget, and I was willing to do it alone. He said a happy, sane wife was more important.

He is a very thoughtful, kind, loving, caring, generous, wonderful man, and I honestly thank my heavenly father for him every night. He makes me feel beautiful and intelligent and capable and like I'm a complete success at this mother thing. He loves me in spite of myself. He makes me laugh all the time. And, the frosting on the cake is he's gorgeous. He's the perfect husband for me.

I have to say that I never say anything about my husband that I wouldn't say in front of my husband. I don't gripe or rant about him. We have a wonderful marriage, though certainly not perfect. I just believe that the way I talk about him will affect how I feel about him. When the girls get together and start griping, I don't participate, mostly because I don't have any gripes. If something is bothering me, I talk to him about it.

Do we ever do things to annoy each other? Yes, but we deal with it between us, not with others, not even "strangers."

I understand the need to vent. When I worked I always came home and vented to DH because my boss drove me crazy. I think my sweetie was just saying how sad your husbands would feel if they knew what you wrote about them.

It's ok, you can hate me for having a wonderful husband. Just remember, you made me do it.
Brinlee 3 lbs 6 oz
Sawyer 3 lbs 13 oz
Kimball 3 lbs 2 oz

Born 10/20/06
Due date 12/20/06

www.growingthefamily.com/adamblog





Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





adgrow
Sat May-12-07 06:20 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2006
250 posts


#277470, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 11

I forgot to mention, he NEVER leaves the toilet seat up. That's right, ladies, NEVER.
Brinlee 3 lbs 6 oz
Sawyer 3 lbs 13 oz
Kimball 3 lbs 2 oz

Born 10/20/06
Due date 12/20/06

www.growingthefamily.com/adamblog





Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Annie3
Sat May-12-07 07:42 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
619 posts


#277485, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 11

You now you are right on a couple of issues and I have to give you props..I tell everyone and my DH how much I love him to his face as much as I tell him he can and is a Jackass to his face and to his Mother's as well. You know what we laugh because we are secure enough were we can have differing opinions, fight, have great make up nookie and go on. He knows when I go out with the girls what I will complain about and I tell him their responses and he does the same with the guys...

I would never be so bold to say I have a perfect marriage and one that should be emulated by the masses because you know what it wouldn't work for some. For us it does, we are 13 years into this thing and he has bought me great gifts and some that I wouldn't have wanted but love them because he loves me. If I am a size 4 or big as house with the trips he has never made a comment. He helps around the house on his own and with some prodding depending on the day.

I guess I would say we aren't perfect as you profess you all to be but the greatest thing I would say is that WE are perfect for each other and their isn't anything I would change.

So thanking you for giving me the Mother's Day gift of knowing I am Happy and Love my Husband and Children. What a wonderful thing to be reminded of....

Annie

Born 6/19/05 @ 32 Weeks
Kylie Mae 2lbs 13oz
Ashby Ray 3lbs 5oz
Eadan Sean 3lbs 2oz

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





adgrow
Sat May-12-07 07:48 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2006
250 posts


#277488, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 26

Your relationship sounds perfect for you, just like ours is perfect for us. That is a great Mother's Day gift. And congrats on the 13 years. These days that's practically a golden anniversary.
Brinlee 3 lbs 6 oz
Sawyer 3 lbs 13 oz
Kimball 3 lbs 2 oz

Born 10/20/06
Due date 12/20/06

www.growingthefamily.com/adamblog





Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





naynay
Sat May-12-07 05:27 PM
Member since Feb 28th 2007
176 posts


#277459, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 3

Jonib,

LOL! You are a hoot

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





merigold
Sat May-12-07 04:40 PM
Member since Feb 19th 2007
20 posts


#277450, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 0

As many of the women on this forum have said, it's not that we hate our husbands, it's that we vent to share our frustrations with other women that have experienced similar issues in their life. I am sure that men too vent to their buddies about how their wives always nag etc. This is our chance to express our feelings without being judged.
I have nothing to hide from my husband, and he knows how I feel, but speaking to strangers helps the many of us express our feelings, and go one with our lifes.

So I'm sorry if you were offended, however, it all seems harmless.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





brunobabies3
Sat May-12-07 04:54 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2006
102 posts


#277454, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 0

I def. don't hate my husband either! I did not intend for my post to be a "husband hating post". My husband actually reads the posts and knows what I put. He ended up explaining himself after thinking about what he said.

I don't think any of the responses were rude either.

I think you you think a post like that was offensive, you should not read or respond to it.

Of course we all have the right to state our opinions, so do so. But, please don't think I was bashing my husband, just venting a little.




Jenny
Wife to Damon
Mother to
Allie 11
Derek 7
Drew, Coy, & Dane 33weeks, 5 days
4.12, 4.12, & 4.13 lbs.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





jonib
Sat May-12-07 05:11 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2005
468 posts


#277455, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 0

show me a woman who does not complain about her husband and I'll bet she's not married!
Jonib
16 month old cuties, Abby, Andy and Caroline
Rhett 9

no, I can't get the lily pie to work

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





adgrow
Sat May-12-07 05:21 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2006
250 posts


#277457, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 10

Me, me, me! (Can you see me straining to get my arm up as high as it wiil go so the teacher will see it?). And before you accuse my sweetie of writing these posts about himself, I will use our secret password, Jonib (Shel Silverstein). That's right. It's really me
Brinlee 3 lbs 6 oz
Sawyer 3 lbs 13 oz
Kimball 3 lbs 2 oz

Born 10/20/06
Due date 12/20/06

www.growingthefamily.com/adamblog





Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





naynay
Sat May-12-07 05:49 PM
Member since Feb 28th 2007
176 posts


#277463, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 12

Awww! you have a secret password? That's cute

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





adgrow
Sat May-12-07 05:53 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2006
250 posts


#277466, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 16

I'd say we have a few secret passwords. Jonib totally gets me.
Brinlee 3 lbs 6 oz
Sawyer 3 lbs 13 oz
Kimball 3 lbs 2 oz

Born 10/20/06
Due date 12/20/06

www.growingthefamily.com/adamblog





Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





jonib
Sat May-12-07 09:33 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2005
468 posts


#277509, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 12

>Me, me, me! (Can you see me straining to get my arm up as
>high as it wiil go so the teacher will see it?). And before
>you accuse my sweetie of writing these posts about himself, I
>will use our secret password, Jonib (Shel Silverstein). That's
>right. It's really me )

I go to a pig pickin (that's right...we have those in the south!) and come home to see it's my shel silverstein pal!! As great as your dh sounds, he obviously does not get me like I get you otherwise he would have laughed out loud at my humorous post!

Sorry for the disappointment for any drama seekers out there...I really was just trying to be funny (as usual..I find myself hysterical while others may not think same)

Let dh know I'm seriously a funny chick and he just didn't read me right!

Happy mothers day, I better get coffee in bed!
Jonib
16 month old cuties, Abby, Andy and Caroline
Rhett 9

no, I can't get the lily pie to work

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





gkm15099
Sat May-12-07 09:35 PM
Member since Feb 24th 2007
240 posts


#277510, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 35

Okay, I'm from the South and grew up on a farm. However, I have never heard of a pig pickin. What is it?
Kimberly,
Mom to Isabelle, Alyssa, and Makenna
www.guinnfamilyhome.com


Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





jonib
Sat May-12-07 09:44 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2005
468 posts


#277512, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 36

Are you kidding me??? You are from the south and have never been to a pig pickin????

It's really a BBQ, but they cook the pig all day in one of those big black cookers...hence, pig pickin, everything else was catered....

for any yankees...no we do not stand around and pick at a pig...the men turn this pig into BBQ!
Jonib
16 month old cuties, Abby, Andy and Caroline
Rhett 9

no, I can't get the lily pie to work

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





gkm15099
Sat May-12-07 09:48 PM
Member since Feb 24th 2007
240 posts


#277515, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 37

Okay, we called it Hog Roast. Same concept. Sometimes they even cooked it in the ground. I was always grossed out because they left the head on with the apple in the mouth and cherries in the eyes. YUCK!
But the food was delicious.
Kimberly,
Mom to Isabelle, Alyssa, and Makenna
www.guinnfamilyhome.com


Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





jonib
Sat May-12-07 09:57 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2005
468 posts


#277518, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 38

funny how the topic of this post was "husband hating" and it has turned into talking about cooking pork...hmmmmmm???

I'm going to begin my mothers day now with a great snuggle with dh (who thinks I'm hysterical by the way!)

hope everyone has a nice day tomorrow no matter what your situation is...we all love our babies and it's about us and them!
Jonib
16 month old cuties, Abby, Andy and Caroline
Rhett 9

no, I can't get the lily pie to work

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





adgrow
Sun May-13-07 05:45 AM
Member since Oct 15th 2006
250 posts


#277542, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 35

That's what people were missing. You were being funny, I was being funny. WE're both funny. Good thing we get each other. Kimberly gets us. No drama. DH didn't get you at first, but now he does. That is really the hardest part about online writing, you can't hear people's tone of voice and see their expressions. I thought people were kidding about there being some drama. But I wake up this morning and find they were SERIOUS. Sorry ladies, she tic`kles my funny bone.

Happy mother's day!
Brinlee 3 lbs 6 oz
Sawyer 3 lbs 13 oz
Kimball 3 lbs 2 oz

Born 10/20/06
Due date 12/20/06

www.growingthefamily.com/adamblog





Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





BrookeFl
Sat May-12-07 05:44 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1239 posts


#277462, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 0

this is gonna be FUN to watch that is.
I am grabbing my popcorn and a beer!




http://www.blessedandstressed.com/
I do not suffer from insanity I enjoy it!!

Thalia 2/18/02 4 YEARS OLD
Olivia, Elijah, Nadia (33w3d) 12/29/04

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





naynay
Sat May-12-07 05:52 PM
Member since Feb 28th 2007
176 posts


#277465, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 15

Now, Now Brooke -

It is not nice to enjoy others misery and the fact that they are respectfully arguing. Shame on you! By the way, could you pass the popcorn!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





adgrow
Sat May-12-07 05:54 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2006
250 posts


#277467, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 17

I love popcorn! I want some popcorn!
Brinlee 3 lbs 6 oz
Sawyer 3 lbs 13 oz
Kimball 3 lbs 2 oz

Born 10/20/06
Due date 12/20/06

www.growingthefamily.com/adamblog





Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





BrookeFl
Sat May-12-07 06:02 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1239 posts


#277468, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 19

I pass the popcorn and bow my head in shame for enjoying the drama.
oh and also bow in shame for the fact that I am letting my kids play in nailpolish just so i can sit back and watch.




http://www.blessedandstressed.com/
I do not suffer from insanity I enjoy it!!

Thalia 2/18/02 4 YEARS OLD
Olivia, Elijah, Nadia (33w3d) 12/29/04

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





foreveramom
Sat May-12-07 06:54 PM
Member since Jan 30th 2006
798 posts


#277476, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 20

Brooke, forget the popcorn. Just pass me a beer!

My man is my best friend, the best dad ever and a wonderful human being. Blah, blah, blah. But I've felt a common theme with the women here in some issues they deal with in their relationships with their dh's (that's dear husband, not di**head). I appreciate that I can say a big "amen" when someone mentions that they think their husband is oblivious sometimes and isn't the best multi-tasker.

I say, vent away. And if you have such an amazing relationship, good for you. Just pass this stuff up, because YOU'RE the one who's bothered, not us. Now you two perfect spouses, go off and cuddle or something and enjoy the rest of your weekend drama-free.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





adgrow
Sat May-12-07 07:15 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2006
250 posts


#277480, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 23

We're totally making out RIGHT NOW! Like I said, she threw down the gauntlet. I just had to defend my man's honor.

I think you missed the whole tone of my post, but that's OK.
Brinlee 3 lbs 6 oz
Sawyer 3 lbs 13 oz
Kimball 3 lbs 2 oz

Born 10/20/06
Due date 12/20/06

www.growingthefamily.com/adamblog





Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





gkm15099
Sat May-12-07 07:43 PM
Member since Feb 24th 2007
240 posts


#277487, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 25

April,
You and Adam crack me up. I can't wait for our trip to the zoo on Friday.
Kimberly,
Mom to Isabelle, Alyssa, and Makenna
www.guinnfamilyhome.com



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





adgrow
Sat May-12-07 07:50 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2006
250 posts


#277489, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 27

Kimberly, you get me. I knew someone would get me. You're my #1 responder. I love it.

The zoo is going to be fun. We made our first trip to the mall today. These kids were born to shop.

Have a great mother's day.

BTW, I ordered my Shrek dolls online today.
Brinlee 3 lbs 6 oz
Sawyer 3 lbs 13 oz
Kimball 3 lbs 2 oz

Born 10/20/06
Due date 12/20/06

www.growingthefamily.com/adamblog





Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





gkm15099
Sat May-12-07 07:56 PM
Member since Feb 24th 2007
240 posts


#277491, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 29

Did you see my blog? We took ours to build a bear and got them. Alyssa fell alseep holding on the her new babies ear. Too Cute!
Kimberly,
Mom to Isabelle, Alyssa, and Makenna
www.guinnfamilyhome.com



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





adgrow
Sat May-12-07 08:34 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2006
250 posts


#277497, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 30

Crap! You mean my kids missed out on a triplet kodak moment? Does it count if I take pictures as I open the box? Did you go to Arbor Place? I would have gone with you if I had known. I'm a bad triplet mom.

I thought about saving the shrek babies for Christmas when they might be more aware of them. Do the girls really pay much attention to them?

You know I lied, we went to the mall last Monday looking for outfits to bless the babies in. I like McKenna's homemade bow. Doesn't look homemade. Did you make it? Brinlee hates having stuff on her head. Her hair is getting long, though, and hopefully in a few months I can put a clip in it.

Do I need to buy my zoo tickets?
Brinlee 3 lbs 6 oz
Sawyer 3 lbs 13 oz
Kimball 3 lbs 2 oz

Born 10/20/06
Due date 12/20/06

www.growingthefamily.com/adamblog





Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





gkm15099
Sat May-12-07 09:17 PM
Member since Feb 24th 2007
240 posts


#277504, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 31

No, Town Center. I should have called, but I did not think about it. Sorry.

My girls are completely aware of them. Isabelle will give hers kissies. Alyssa has a deathgrip on hers most of the time. Makenna will kick hers until she gets it off her chair and then will almost flip out of the chair trying to get it back.

I did make the bow. I have been torturing them since birth with them, so they leave them alone. LOL! I burnt my fingers on the hot glue gun doing it. I just got sick of paying so much for a bow, so I got instructions off line and looked at the ones I already bought.

Zoo tickets, yes. Panda tickets, No.

Can you believe the mess Adam started. So funny!
Kimberly,
Mom to Isabelle, Alyssa, and Makenna
www.guinnfamilyhome.com



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Tracey
Sat May-12-07 06:50 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
2097 posts


#277475, "Just a thought..."
In response to Reply # 0

but people vent when they're frustrated and need to air grievances, commiserate with fellow moms. Although your husband does not approve of denegrating one' spouse, it's not his place to reprimand the 99% of indivduals who post here. This is a predominately female site. Lots of hormones flying, childrearing issues, and general everyday complaints.
We're thrilled that you have a rich, happy marriage. I do, as well, but wouldn't want to brag on the wonderful assets DH possesses (on the days I'm not ripping him a new one) b/c it makes others who are having a rotten day feel even worse.
Let the women complain here, so they can bring joy to their own homes. Sometimes it takes a compassionate nod of understanding from others to move on to greater issues of the day.
I'm sure y'all can find a "My Spouse is the Best Forum" alongside the "DH bites" (whatever jonib's terminolgy was )
Tracey

Michael (10)
Francesca (9)
Matthew, Alexis & Gabrielle (7)
Torunn (Norwegian DD,19)
Johannes (upcoming German DS,15)

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





adgrow
Sat May-12-07 07:13 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2006
250 posts


#277479, "RE: Just a thought..."
In response to Reply # 22

I was thinking maybe we could call it the Kissy Face Couples Lounge. What do you think?

still the wife talking here
Brinlee 3 lbs 6 oz
Sawyer 3 lbs 13 oz
Kimball 3 lbs 2 oz

Born 10/20/06
Due date 12/20/06

www.growingthefamily.com/adamblog





Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





ShanAZ
Sat May-12-07 09:01 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2005
740 posts


#277499, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 0

I rarely get involved in the drama posts, but come on. This seems silly. And the fact that the wife is waiting to jump in and defend her perfect marriage after every post. Too much.

People need an outlet. PERIOD. No one is perfect, no relationship is perfect. If you think you are or your marriage is, then you obviously haven't been married long because again, NOTHING is perfect. This site is made up of mostly women, so you have to expect to hear what women talk about. JMO.
ggg, 25 weekers
Nov, 2005

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





angeliagg
Sat May-12-07 09:19 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
672 posts


#277505, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 32

I wholeheartedly agree. This is way over the top. There's nothing wrong with women coming here to vent about their husbands, kids, family, etc. If nothing else, this should be the place for triplet moms to come gripe about their husbands with other women who can understand. I don't for one second believe that anyone on this site has the perfect marriage. Being married and parenting are the 2 hardest jobs I've ever done in all my life. Marriage takes an incredible amount of work and I don't believe anyone who says they have the perfect marriage. Not to mention, there are many women here who don't have anything remotely close to a perfect marriage or even a happy one. There are many women who have husbands who don't help out with the kids, be an active parent, partcipate in childrearing, help around the house, etc. They surely don't need to be told they can't vent about their husbands who may very well do nothing to help them with the stresses of triplets and other life.

And I find this post extremely offending considering that there will be women on this site who get nothing tomorrow. They will spend their Mother's Day with no acknowledgement from their husbands and keep on taking care of their kids with no help like always. It's 7pm here and my Dh just told me that he still had to run out and buy me a card for tomorrow. Seriously, if I can't come and vent here about it then that's pretty sad.
GBB born Dec 27, 2005 at 31w4d

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





tripplefun
Sat May-12-07 11:21 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
880 posts


#277527, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat May-12-07 11:42 PM by tripplefun

I agree with the PP's, perhaps the fathers forum would be more suitable for the dad's here since this is mostly woman that post here.

I can sit here and tell you that my hubby is perfect. He does laundry, cooks, cleans, does homework with the kids, makes sure they pick up or whatever needs to be done just as much as I do. Plain and simple.
However, we have been married for 13 years, together longer. I would never say our lives, marriage is perfect. If I had a complaint about him and wanted to vent here I would, I would also say what I posted here to his face, good and bad.
This is an outlet, many members here are friends and feel they can trust and rely on others to vent to, cry, or just flat out complain about a husband, mil, whatever.
Next we will have grandma's asking us to stop complaining about inlaws.

I say vent away about husbands. Its been going on since ive been here and im sure it will continue.
I have to say I am still laughing at this, too darned funny.
Sandy

mom to 4 kids
oldest is 18, and trio age 7

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





MSTAR
Sat May-12-07 11:30 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
899 posts


#277530, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 0

When you are done walking on water, can I marry you too?
Michele
Sarah, Gregory, Amanda
born 1/22/04 at 35w1d

Our surprise baby Austin born 06/15/2005

www.fourtimesthefun.blogspot.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Triplethefun04
Sun May-13-07 10:01 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
128 posts


#277555, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 41

MSTAR- Hate to admit it, but I think you get the hands for the day:


Michelle
(formerly known as bsebllmom9 )

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





welshkin
Sun May-13-07 10:28 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
134 posts


#277557, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 0

Ok, I am going against the grain and agreeing with your post. I have 18 month old BBB and everyone here knows that it's not easy. My DH and I have our days, but out of repect for him and our marriage the last thing I would do is publicly complain about it. That is what I feel my close friend and confidant is for. 90% of the time my DH and I can talk things out, but as every marriage has, there are things that just need venting about and we feel better and go on. I guess I deal with things differently as we all do, but you have just as much right to write your post and feelings about the matter as the wife who is frustrated with her husband. It seems as though one person on this board jumps on the bashing wagon and all of a sudden it is full. Hence my minimal viewing of the fourm in the last month, obviously I didn't miss anything and I will continue to use real people instead of drama for a support line.

Thank you for the Mothers Day greeting I hope everyone has a great Mothers Day!

Sarah


Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





brunobabies3
Sun May-13-07 10:47 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2006
102 posts


#277562, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 44
Sun May-13-07 11:23 AM by brunobabies3

Have a nice Mother's Day.




Jenny
Wife to Damon
Mother to
Allie 11
Derek 7
Drew, Coy, & Dane 33weeks, 5 days
4.12, 4.12, & 4.13 lbs.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





jonib
Sun May-13-07 11:06 AM
Member since Oct 11th 2005
468 posts


#277565, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 44

what in the world are you even talking about??? this is not a drama thread...it's funny...nobody is mad...you might need to read the whole thread and you'll get it...

btw everyone...I DID get coffee in bed! yay!
Jonib
16 month old cuties, Abby, Andy and Caroline
Rhett 9

no, I can't get the lily pie to work

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Rosemarie3
Sun May-13-07 11:39 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1201 posts


#277568, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 46



This is the funniest thing I have read in a long time.
BBG Triplets Born March 31, 2004
31 weeks three days
Douglas
Kalie and
John Michael

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





jonib
Sun May-13-07 11:46 AM
Member since Oct 11th 2005
468 posts


#277569, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 47

YAY! another person finds humor...
I'm just sitting here waiting on babies to wake up and in laws to arrive...it's kept me entertained as well!
Jonib
16 month old cuties, Abby, Andy and Caroline
Rhett 9

no, I can't get the lily pie to work

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





adgrow
Sun May-13-07 01:04 PM
Member since Oct 15th 2006
250 posts


#277571, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 48

You want to wait on my kids to wake up for me? Oh wait, too late. Kimball woke up at 5:15 to wish me happy MOther's Day. And he was kind enough to wake his brother so they could do it together.

I'm glad you got your coffee in bed. I'm getting dinner and a cake.

Do you think we need to come up with a code for when we're being funny? Like at the end of our post put "I'm being funny." Or at the beginning, "Warning, the following content is funny." I may start doing that. I like our pretend drama Jonib. We're funny.
Brinlee 3 lbs 6 oz
Sawyer 3 lbs 13 oz
Kimball 3 lbs 2 oz

Born 10/20/06
Due date 12/20/06

www.growingthefamily.com/adamblog





Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





jonib
Sun May-13-07 01:29 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2005
468 posts


#277575, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 49

I think no matter what I post somebody is going to get po'd at me
I guess I'll have to change my user name. When "funnygirl" shows up and starts posting that will be me.
Jonib
16 month old cuties, Abby, Andy and Caroline
Rhett 9

no, I can't get the lily pie to work

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Annie3
Sun May-13-07 09:50 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
619 posts


#277607, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 50

I think a code is brillant I will just put FT at the end of mine for Funny Thread.....What do you think about that....

Born 6/19/05 @ 32 Weeks
Kylie Mae 2lbs 13oz
Ashby Ray 3lbs 5oz
Eadan Sean 3lbs 2oz

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





jonib
Sun May-13-07 10:14 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2005
468 posts


#277612, "RE: Enough with the Husband Hating Posts"
In response to Reply # 52

Perfect...FT = Funny Thread...
I'm in..
Jonib
16 month old cuties, Abby, Andy and Caroline
Rhett 9

no, I can't get the lily pie to work

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Top Triplet Talk Triplet Connection Multiple Questions topic #277431 Previous topic | Next topic

No comments:

Post a Comment