Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sept 6 2007 (Cathem3) Let it go

MSTAR
Thu Sep-06-07 10:30 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1117 posts


#298303, "RE: Let it go....."
In response to Reply # 35

I frankly don't think it's Jeff and Janet's "responsibility". Did no one read their latest magazine where Janet was nearly begging for a life preserver to keep this foundation afloat? I think the last thing she needs to worry about is faker drama. If we can figure it out and get it taken care of, then that's one less thing she has to do. I want her working on the things that are important, like keeping the scientific board going. I want her helping other triplet moms save their pregnancies. I want her to continue compiling the medical evidence of how to sustain a triplet pregnancy. I want her to keep the statistics about selective reduction and fight the selective reduction advocates.

In the big picture, she could probably care less about this in-fighting and hurt feelings and faker dramas. That's the realization I've come to. She's trying to keep this thing going, all on a volunteer basis. That's what I think is really important. Not policing each and every thread on here and I'm now viewing their "job" in an entirely new light.
Michele
Sarah, Gregory, Amanda
born 1/22/04 at 35w1d

Our surprise baby Austin born 06/15/2005

www.fourtimesthefun.blogspot.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Tasha
Thu Sep-06-07 10:07 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1388 posts


#298457, "RE: Let it go....."
In response to Reply # 39

Very well put. Seems I missed a lot today. But I agree that is not only Jeff and Janet's responsibility to police this forum. In the grand scope of TC this forum is just a luxury afforded its members and the public. If it becomes a headache with people crying to them every other day about a faker or someone isn't playing nice then it would be easier to shut down then deal with.

Personally I find a little drama to be fun and will admit it. I find the faker mentality fascinating. I don't understand it, but fascinated.

Yes I snapped earlier and missed the fall out. I'm sorry. But I just don't understand the point of posting to a thread that people had already stopped posting to to tell people to stop posting. If you don't like it ignore it since it is on its way off the 1st page already. Heck now I come back another 12-13 hrs later and its still toward the top of the first page.
Tasha
Julia, Megan & Alex 7/00 at 30 weeks
Abby 12/02

Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





4kds4me
Fri Sep-07-07 08:05 AM
Member since Mar 29th 2007
83 posts


#298497, "RE: Let it go....."
In response to Reply # 43
Fri Sep-07-07 08:06 AM by 4kds4me

Tasha,
All of my responses were pulled so I will give you a synopsis of my responses:
Yes, it was 10 hours after the last post, BUT during those 10 hours I was putting the kids to bed and then slept myself. It was on the first page also and I do not make it a habit to check the time. I do not watch TC like a hawk. I skim through the first page, maybe the second and read and maybe respond.

Cathy made some good points in her responses. I agree, Jeff and Janet just don't have the time to be constantly policing TC for fakers, and it is members responsibility to alert other members and the moderators. I posted this in one of my responses and it was pulled.

However, what I don't agree with (and this is just my humble-respectful opinion)is in the manner in which this thread was started. It just appeared to be on the childish side to me. That is my opinion and I am sorry if it doesn't mesh with the majority.

BOO!
Gina
12yo G
9yo BGG

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





NCtripmom
Fri Sep-07-07 08:46 AM
Member since Apr 03rd 2007
144 posts


#298498, "RE: Let it go....."
In response to Reply # 44

Honestly, is there anyway that Michelle could have worded it that you would have been ok with? It seems to me that now matter what she says you have a problem with it.


Personally, I agree w/ MStar, Jeff & Janet probably need to put more focus on the more important issues at hand. Fakers aren't at the top of their priority list. If we (TC members) can call them out here w/ some evidence then go for it. Had this been done in the past I know of 2 long term members that could have missed out on a lot of heart ache caused by a faker. But that person was allowed to go on and on even after red flags were being raised but no one said anything.

Just my .02

No comments:

Post a Comment