Saturday, May 16, 2009

March 27 2007 Final word on TDC

Subject: "A final word on TDC" Previous topic | Next topic


madmolly
Tue Mar-27-07 11:14 PM
Member since Oct 07th 2005
1377 posts


#268726, "A final word on TDC"

Hopefully, I am not speaking out of turn, or against the wishes of my fellow TDC members, but let us deal with this once and for all. Then, perhaps, this board can move forward and heal. I am not known for beating around the bush, so let me live up to my reputation now. Likewise, I am not known for being dishonest, so hopefully that will be of service to me here.

TDC opened a week or so before the Mauimom episode. I am not the creator, but I will gladly take credit for it! When it began, it was silly commentary on TC and the different personalities that make it up. There is a "Moderator", which was a mock of Tiffani. There is a "Belly man", which is self explanatory. There are "Perfect" moms and "Disfunctional" moms. Of course, there is a momoftragedies and other TC personalities. It was/is a very funny Saturday Night Live type forum. It was NEVER meant to be tear-in-my-beer upsetting.

Then Mauimom happened. Several of us got the boot, unjustly. As a result, many TC members saw the weakness in a few strong TC members and took advantage of the situation. There was a behind the scenes email war. Then some TC members took it further and went after people’s jobs (I was personally a target)! Those of us effected by this over-the-line behavior were outraged.

Then TDC split into two boards. One was the "spoof" boards, which became a more harsh than it had been. One was a "private" board, where we discussed what attacks were occurring on our real lives and supported one another with triplet related advice. BOTH TC and TDC became ugly. There were hurt feelings on all sides. Everyone got in their jabs. Then TDC was rallied by our fearless leader to come back to TC and be the first to make peace. So, we apologized for our part in the drama. Unfortunately, those who attacked us before, attacked again. This time, they posted the link to the site under fake names and engaged in a malicious underhanded smear campaign. The drama continued. We were wrong, they were wrong, everyone was wrong. But, we were no more wrong than they were. And yet, we are being vilified. Attacks at us are in emails and behind the scenes. We are not those people. We are public with our thoughts, thus TDC's open forum. It's time to bury the hatchet and move on. Let this board (Vet board included) get back to the supportive environment it was intended to be. If you have drama, bring it to TDC and get it off this board.

Let me be perfectly clear so that everyone understands: TDC is a SPOOF forum. If you are offended by harsh language or sexual content, don't go over there. It's not for you. If you can't laugh at yourself, please stay away. It's not for you. NO ONE is immune to being hassled. I have been trashed for the Killer Tomato and for being a "faker"! I have thick skin and I can dish it and take it. If not, I wouldn't belong over there either.

When I am on TC, I wear my "supportive" hat. When I am on TDC (the open forum), I wear my "snarky" hat. I can change my hats, as need be. I am a good person, as are all of the ladies on TDC. We are all deserving mothers of triplets and more. Regarding me, personally, I am a Christian woman with a big heart and quick tongue. Like all TDC members, I have great friends here and great friends there. I want to maintain all of them. I will work hard to maintain all of them, because I care about so many of you.

Let the drama die. Allow TDC to get back to what it was originally created for, without the anger. Let TC get back to what it was meant to be, without all the catfights. Just let this go. If you need an apology from me personally, I will give it (there are a few people who are excluded from that offer! LOL!). But as a group, we need to move on.
Lea
bgg 1/22/06 @ 28.3 weeks
g 6/04 @ 34 weeks
g 7/99
g 6/97

http://killertomatoandthepeapodsquad.blogspot.com/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Replies to this topic


RE: A final word on TDC, andyz_grrrl, Mar 27th 2007, #1
RE: A final word on TDC, madmolly, Mar 27th 2007, #2
RE: A final word on TDC, andyz_grrrl, Mar 27th 2007, #3
RE: A final word on TDC, Phxlulu, Mar 27th 2007, #4
RE: A final word on TDC, naynay, Mar 28th 2007, #5
RE: A final word on TDC, RoseMarie, Mar 28th 2007, #6
RE: A final word on TDC, Laurene, Mar 28th 2007, #7
RE: A final word on TDC, jonib, Mar 28th 2007, #9
RE: A final word on TDC, RoseMarie, Mar 28th 2007, #10
RE: A final word on TDC, SunshineAnn, Mar 28th 2007, #8
RE: A final word on TDC, ZwickJB, Mar 28th 2007, #11
RE: A final word on TDC, lorilou, Mar 28th 2007, #12
RE: A final word on TDC, DebM, Mar 28th 2007, #13
RE: A final word on TDC, Tracey, Mar 28th 2007, #14
RE: A final word on TDC, Laurene, Mar 28th 2007, #15
RE: A final word on TDC, Sunshinebabies3, Mar 28th 2007, #16
RE: A final word on TDC, jonib, Mar 28th 2007, #17
RE: A final word on TDC, julytrips, Mar 28th 2007, #18
RE: A final word on TDC, naynay, Mar 28th 2007, #19
RE: A final word on TDC, jonib, Mar 28th 2007, #20
RE: A final word on TDC, jonib, Mar 28th 2007, #21
RE: A final word on TDC, tripletots98, Mar 28th 2007, #24
RE: A final word on TDC, sushannah, Mar 28th 2007, #22
RE: A final word on TDC, madmolly, Mar 28th 2007, #23
RE: A final word on TDC, Triplethefun04, Mar 28th 2007, #25
RE: A final word on TDC, naynay, Mar 28th 2007, #26
RE: A final word on TDC, KIM4BRAD, Mar 28th 2007, #27
RE: A final word on TDC, tripmom15, Mar 28th 2007, #28
RE: A final word on TDC, jonib, Mar 28th 2007, #29
RE: A final word on TDC, Marley, Mar 28th 2007, #31
RE: A final word on TDC, beaandmy3, Mar 28th 2007, #30
RE: A final word on TDC, Triplethefun04, Mar 28th 2007, #32
RE: A final word on TDC, SunshineAnn, Mar 28th 2007, #35
RE: A final word on TDC, Annie3, Mar 28th 2007, #33
RE: A final word on TDC, tripgirlsmommy, Mar 28th 2007, #34
Nail on the head!, tulip, Mar 28th 2007, #39
RE: Nail on the head!, lorilou, Mar 28th 2007, #40
RE: Nail on the head!, SunshineAnn, Mar 28th 2007, #42
RE: Nail on the head!, ZwickJB, Mar 28th 2007, #45
RE: Nail on the head!, tripmom15, Mar 28th 2007, #46
RE: A final word on TDC, lorilou, Mar 28th 2007, #36
RE: A final word on TDC, Poppy3, Mar 28th 2007, #37
RE: A final word on TDC, Mamakitten3, Mar 28th 2007, #38
RE: A final word on TDC, d johnson, Mar 28th 2007, #41
RE: A final word on TDC, Btrcup20, Mar 28th 2007, #43
RE: A final word on TDC, julytrips, Mar 28th 2007, #47
RE: A final word on TDC, Tracey, Mar 28th 2007, #48
RE: A final word on TDC, Anonymous, Mar 28th 2007, #44



andyz_grrrl
Tue Mar-27-07 11:24 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2006
736 posts


#268728, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Mar-27-07 11:25 PM by andyz_grrrl

I am jumping in for the first time on the drama. Go me for growing some!!! TC is a great and wonderful place to learn, share, and grow as a triplet mommy. I love it and have no issues with anyone since we are all adults who are here for support and a chance to share and laugh even cry sometimes. I needed this board very much during my pregnancy and difficult times with William. The other night I needed it again for help with my hysterectomy pain. TC has always been here when I needed it.

I am also a member of the TDC board once I found out about it after it was revealed here. I don't post much but it is funny. I don't think the ladies mean any of the things they are saying. Its just a place to be free to laugh and shed the aura of perfection.

I don't think poorly of anyone here or there. I have gotten great advice from some of the moms they make fun of on TDC. I am also sure that I have been made fun of on there too. For me its okay. No hard feelings anywhere. Love you all.

Edited for spelling errors

God bless
ashlee

http://lilypie.com>

http://lilypie.com>

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





madmolly
Tue Mar-27-07 11:26 PM
Member since Oct 07th 2005
1377 posts


#268729, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 1

FOR GOODNESS SAKE, ASHLEE!!! WILL YOU CALL ME???
Lea
bgg 1/22/06 @ 28.3 weeks
g 6/04 @ 34 weeks
g 7/99
g 6/97

http://killertomatoandthepeapodsquad.blogspot.com/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





andyz_grrrl
Tue Mar-27-07 11:33 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2006
736 posts


#268730, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

PM me your number and I'll call
God bless
ashlee

http://lilypie.com>

http://lilypie.com>

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Phxlulu
Tue Mar-27-07 11:54 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
881 posts


#268733, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

What is TDC?

Tiffany
Wife to Steve
Mom to Riley, Dakota & Madison
GBG Born @ 34 weeks on Christmas
Eve 2002.....What a GREAT gift!!!!!!

The finish line is just the beginning of a whole new race.... Teddy Ebersol

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





naynay
Wed Mar-28-07 07:04 AM
Member since Feb 28th 2007
74 posts


#268749, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 4

o.k. with the risk of sounding stupid and being made fun of on the infamous evil TDC, I too have thick skin, what does "snarky" mean??????????????

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





RoseMarie
Wed Mar-28-07 07:05 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1554 posts


#268750, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

>Let me be perfectly clear so that everyone understands: TDC is a >SPOOF forum. If you are offended by harsh language or sexual >content, don't go over there. It's not for you. If you can't laugh >at yourself, please stay away. It's not for you. NO ONE is immune >to being hassled. I have been trashed for the Killer Tomato and for >being a "faker"! I have thick skin and I can dish it and take it. >If not, I wouldn't belong over there either.

Leah - one can only laugh at one's self when one is in on the joke. I'm more than happy to take it but when a comment is posted behind someone's back, it's not the same thing at all.

Quite honestly, what was said about me, I don't care about (despite never being involved in this entire fracass other than commenting on how extensive the other board was). Someone might want to learn how to spell the word "dyke", however. But, I take extreme umbrage to my children's very personal information being displayed in a thread full of sexual content. That was just wrong. Not funny. In fact, very threatening in a way to my children.
RoseMarie
partner to Diane
moms to the Hooligans 12/21/98



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Laurene
Wed Mar-28-07 07:30 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
2163 posts


#268755, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 6

I'm probably going to regret this....someone let me know what is said on the "other side" please. I looked at the open forum part and it was vague so ......

I love the closeness of HOM women - we have a life that other people truly do not understand. Friendships are formed, cliques seem to come with those friendships. There are ladies here that I used to watch for their posts as I loved talking with them and felt a kinship. Now I wonder....was I being made fun of behind the scenes? I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering - what in my supportive way, with a clear conscience on my part truly trying to be supportive and kind, was taken behind my back and brutalized, and then the ladies came back here and were very nice to me? Am I that naive? Not hardly.

I'm sorry this has turned into such a "space taker-upper" on this wonderful board. sad.
Laurene- Proud mother of six: Janis 26 - attending UCSF for Masters in Critical Care Nursing; Jessica 24 - Graduates in May with RN; Jeremiah 22 - Married and a Diesel/Mechanic Welder with two Assoc degrees



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





jonib
Wed Mar-28-07 07:47 AM
Member since Oct 11th 2005
280 posts


#268759, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 6

>>Let me be perfectly clear so that everyone understands: TDC
>is a >SPOOF forum. If you are offended by harsh language or
>sexual >content, don't go over there. It's not for you. If you
>can't laugh >at yourself, please stay away. It's not for you.
>NO ONE is immune >to being hassled. I have been trashed for
>the Killer Tomato and for >being a "faker"! I have thick skin
>and I can dish it and take it. >If not, I wouldn't belong over
>there either.
>
>Leah - one can only laugh at one's self when one is in on the
>joke. I'm more than happy to take it but when a comment is
>posted behind someone's back, it's not the same thing at all.
>
>
>Quite honestly, what was said about me, I don't care about
>(despite never being involved in this entire fracass other
>than commenting on how extensive the other board was).
>Someone might want to learn how to spell the word "dyke",
>however. But, I take extreme umbrage to my children's very
>personal information being displayed in a thread full of
>sexual content. That was just wrong. Not funny. In fact,
>very threatening in a way to my children.

Rosemarie...I never read a comment disparaging your children. Which is it? the above or the below...
..

ok, I admit it, I love drama as long as it doesn't invo..."
so if anyone wants to email the details as to what the heck happened on the main forum, I'm all ears.

yes, I'm the sort of person who slows down to look at a train wreck. I watch Jerry Springer with horrified fascination. And I admit that some of those posters on the main board seem to have way too much time on their hands (heck, I work outsdie the wtih my butt in front of a computer all day and many of these women seem to have more time to post than I do).

anyway, juicy gossip always welcomed if anyone cares to share (email me or pm me)

RoseMarie
partner to Diane
moms to the Hooligans 12/21/98





>
>
Jonib
16 month old cuties, Abby, Andy and Caroline
Rhett 9

no, I can't get the lily pie to work

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





RoseMarie
Wed Mar-28-07 08:04 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1554 posts


#268760, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 9

no disparaging comments about my children were made - personal information was displayed about them. I'm sure that you might want to protect your children especially any who are school aged.

and mine was an opinion (and you know that old saying about having opinions - we all have opinions) about how much time was being spent mud slinging - all the mud slinging. Somehow, that included me in this? Still, I guess that I should have not spoken lest the powers that be feel that I was fair game. Ok, point taken. have all the fun you want. like I said, I'm a big girl. worst things have been said, I'm sure.




RoseMarie
partner to Diane
moms to the Hooligans 12/21/98



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





SunshineAnn
Wed Mar-28-07 07:33 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
702 posts


#268757, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

Like PP said - it's not really funny when it's behind your back and now I feel I can't write ANY question because it will be over there and everyone will be making fun of it. How in the world is that supportive? Or are we supposed to put on "hats" (my word for hypocryte (sorry don't know how to spell it) and be everything we "need" to be to everyone? There is a lot of anger on TDC. I read that one poster was really bothered by MSTARs blog.... hmmm, doens't feel good for people to talk about you does it? Feels kind of bad... well that's how we feel.

Seems to me Megan Welfare has the right idea... leave for awhile. I'm thinking of stoping my membership, money and all. I don't really want to feed into this drama but I feel I must speak. I'm sure I'll be on TDC in a matter of minutes. Who cares. I just don't have a snarky "hat". LIke I said, too many hats - how do you know who you really are??

Good luck, maybe all the TDCers can take over TC and it can really become what you'd like it to be.
Ann


http://lilypie.com>

http://lilypie.com>

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





ZwickJB
Wed Mar-28-07 08:05 AM
Member since Sep 21st 2006
164 posts


#268761, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 8

How is behind your back when it is a public forum free to all..?
People do not fail...they just give up!
~unknown~



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





lorilou
Wed Mar-28-07 08:23 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
378 posts


#268764, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

Lea - if you want the drama to die...why did you make this post? Things were finally quieting down here and then you bring it all up again???

My triplets are almost nine years old so I've been around here for a long time. I've seen many a fight...I've even been involved in a couple but this is by far the worst one. I don't post much on the main board -- it's been a long time since bottles, naps and diapers. But I do feel that I can be helpful for people going through certain situations - my kids are former 27 weekers and I have two kids with Cerebral Palsy. (So I was quite offended by the post on TDC where someone stated they had their triplets at 26 weeks to avoid stretch marks and be able to wear a bikini - who cares they needed 4 months of NICU time. Yes, it was a joke but one that I just cannot find funny)

If you are so proud to be a TDC member, why do you (and everyone else over there) have different usernames? If you have nothing to hide, why not use the same name both places. I spent a few minutes in the public forum this morning after your post. Basically I found the whole forum to be immature, vulgar, catty and down-right mean. Why is it funny to make fun of other triplet moms in a public forum? In my opinion that is the exact opposite of Christian behavior.

You can keep your forum but keep it away from here. There were probably a lot of members who didn't even know it existed until your post...but maybe that was your intention all along???

So stop the apologies - you really aren't sorry. You can't say you are sorry on this forum and then go over to TDC and post how we are all losers over here. That just doesn't work.

Lori --
Mom to Zac (9/91) and triplets Noah, Karissa & Jazmine (5/98 at 27 weeks)

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





DebM
Wed Mar-28-07 08:53 AM
Member since Mar 31st 2006
478 posts


#268773, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

I respect your post and your perception of things.

But I want to try and voice why people have a hard time accepting TDC.
If it is a spoof forum, great. If it is used for your harsh language, sexual content, venting, laughing, finding humor in your day to day lives, great.

But it isn't all about that. When posts from TC are copied and restarted on TDC only to make fun of the topic and person that wrote it, it isn't right. TDC members call it light hearted fun and ask us to not be bothered by it. We are reprimanded for not having "thick skin".

I don't know anyone who would be happy if someone was making fun of them and ridiculing them for questions and comments they make.

And then, the same people who are calling TC members stupid and making fun of them, come back over here and participate on TC with open arms, full of support.

These two things just don't go together. It's two-faced in my opinion.
It's like saying " I want to make fun of you on TDC, but I want to be accepted as a supportive TC member when you need help."

I just wanted you to get a perspective of how the person on the receiving end feels.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Tracey
Wed Mar-28-07 09:08 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1901 posts


#268775, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

Welcome back.
Let's give this topic a rest and let it die. Those of us not involved are dismayed at it being repeatedly dragged into the forefront. If you want to wear your supportive hat, great. Jump in, but leave the spoof forum nonsense out of the limelight.

You have a lot to offer the new moms, so put on your TC hat and help the newbies make it through their high risk pregnancies, sleep schedules, potty training and preschool. Then hand 'em off the the vets for Kindergarten separation issues
Tracey

Michael (10)
Francesca (9)
Matthew, Alexis & Gabrielle (7)
Torunn (Norwegian DD,19)
Johannes (upcoming German DS,15)

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Laurene
Wed Mar-28-07 09:10 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
2163 posts


#268776, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

I realized this morning why this bothers me so much - just sharing....for three years I posted on IVF Connections - they have a "side" on their boards for Vets as they call themselves - I consider myself an IVF vet too but wasn't welcome in their "snarky" world. They are angry mean women that read our posts about parenting and pregnancy, copy them on their side, swear, post nasty photos, and say it's all in good fun. I left there recently as the Vets are out of control and being allowed to wreak havoc on all of our lives but passing judgements behind our backs, snickering, and just not being sincere. I'm just sharing -
Laurene- Proud mother of six: Janis 26 - attending UCSF for Masters in Critical Care Nursing; Jessica 24 - Graduates in May with RN; Jeremiah 22 - Married and a Diesel/Mechanic Welder with two Assoc degrees



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Sunshinebabies3
Wed Mar-28-07 09:32 AM
Member since Jan 28th 2006
619 posts


#268786, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 15
Wed Mar-28-07 09:39 AM by Sunshinebabies3

You know....I think I am leaving too. This just isn't helpful to anyone anymore.
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Owner:Cutie Tooties Cloth Diapers
www.cutietooties.com
YES! You can cloth diaper TRIPLETS!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





jonib
Wed Mar-28-07 09:54 AM
Member since Oct 11th 2005
280 posts


#268789, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

people...

just go back and read what Lea said...the fact that we like to get snarky on tdc, yet we can also contribute here....I get and give advice on both sides. My dark humor and language is not appropriate for TC, so I have another outlet in tdc.

Lea didn't come right out and say it because she is too nice, but other tc members are the ones that provided links to tdc, not a single tdc member did.

Lea is an author and she recd. emails and pms from a person named JAC, under a fake user id, letting her know that they were trashing her book on her website. The posts had to be removed from the website and these people had not even read her book, just being malicious.

So she posts a final word to get back to normal over here and ya'll can't let it go...somebody please give her a break!
Jonib
16 month old cuties, Abby, Andy and Caroline
Rhett 9

no, I can't get the lily pie to work

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





julytrips
Wed Mar-28-07 10:12 AM
Member since Mar 25th 2007
17 posts


#268797, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 17
Wed Mar-28-07 10:17 AM by julytrips

Lea is an author and she recd. emails and pms from a person named JAC, under a fake user id, letting her know that they were trashing her book on her website. The posts had to be removed from the website and these people had not even read her book, just being malicious.

Ok, That was me JAC.(well that was my old userID her on TC for 7 years until people were posting my e-mail address) That is so untrue and silly. I have never even heard of that book. Still have NO clue what you are talking about. Show me where and when I said anything? PROVE IT. You can't. So STOP talking about me and using me as a scapegoat. PROVE IT. You really are grasping at straws and look so very very foolish.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





naynay
Wed Mar-28-07 10:21 AM
Member since Feb 28th 2007
74 posts


#268800, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 18

HELLO???????? - what does SNARKY mean??????????????? Is anyone going to tell me????

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





jonib
Wed Mar-28-07 10:23 AM
Member since Oct 11th 2005
280 posts


#268801, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 19

>HELLO???????? - what does SNARKY mean??????????????? Is
>anyone going to tell me????

Pronunciation: 'snär-kE
Function: adjective
Etymology: dialect snark to annoy, perhaps alteration of nark to irritate
1 : CROTCHETY, SNAPPISH
2 : sarcastic, impertinent, or irreverent in tone or manner
- snark•i•ly /-k&-lE/ adverb
Jonib
16 month old cuties, Abby, Andy and Caroline
Rhett 9

no, I can't get the lily pie to work

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





jonib
Wed Mar-28-07 10:29 AM
Member since Oct 11th 2005
280 posts


#268802, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 18

>Lea is an author and she recd. emails and pms from a person
>named JAC, under a fake user id, letting her know that they
>were trashing her book on her website. The posts had to be
>removed from the website and these people had not even read
>her book, just being malicious.
>
>Ok, That was me JAC.(well that was my old userID her on TC for
>7 years until people were posting my e-mail address) That is
>so untrue and silly. I have never even heard of that book.
>Still have NO clue what you are talking about. Show me where
>and when I said anything? PROVE IT. You can't. So STOP
>talking about me and using me as a scapegoat. PROVE IT. You
>really are grasping at straws and look so very very foolish.


so sorry to lump you in with the people who trashed Lea's book, it is not known who actually did that. I should have stopped at you being the ones sending nasty pm's and emails and posting as "giddy mom" on tdc with some pretty snarky stuff yourself...my point remains...Lea was trying to move on, why won't ya'll??
Jonib
16 month old cuties, Abby, Andy and Caroline
Rhett 9

no, I can't get the lily pie to work

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





tripletots98
Wed Mar-28-07 10:51 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1191 posts


#268809, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 21

>Lea was trying to move on, why won't ya'll??

Please, let's just keep in mind that attention was brought to TDC by members of TC, not TDC members. It is a public forum just like TC but there is also a private forum for members who pay a membership fee to cuss like a truck driver & REALLY, open & honestly vent, without judgement! There are plenty of email groups, online or irl friends here that talk about other members in private, let's don't forget that.

Lea apologized, Michelle apologized & wanted to move on but seems noone else wants to do that or let them do that. Just let it go...



Amy~
Paige, Austin & Hailee - 8yrs
10/29/98 34w1d

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





sushannah
Wed Mar-28-07 10:37 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
216 posts


#268805, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

I checked out the TDC open forum last night and found it to be so not my cup of tea. Keep in mind that I do not consider myself a prude and enjoy a good dirty joke. But I just didn't find it lighthearted, I found it mean. Especially the 'spoof' of Tulip's signature. That's just downright MEAN.

So, I am not going back there--ever. That's my choice to keep myself positive and not get sucked into mean-spiritness. Those ladies have the right to their opinions, just as we do. I will say that it would make sense to turn that into a private forum, to spare hurt feelings on this end. That way lurkers can't see the snarkiness and the members over there can snark away.

I also feel a little uncomfortable posting here and wondering if I am being skewered over there. But, one thing I have learned as a triplet mom is that I just don't care what others think about my parenting. So, if anyone thinks I am trying to be perfect or a drama queen, then to borrow a phrase from Madmolly," get off my nuts".LOL!

One final thought, take this post at face value, please don't read more into it than what I have said. I am not condemning either 'world', just giving my point of view.

Sushannah and Stephen
parents to:
Olivia, Maggie, and Sam
born at 31 weeks



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





madmolly
Wed Mar-28-07 10:45 AM
Member since Oct 07th 2005
1377 posts


#268807, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 22

(lol)
Lea
bgg 1/22/06 @ 28.3 weeks
g 6/04 @ 34 weeks
g 7/99
g 6/97

http://killertomatoandthepeapodsquad.blogspot.com/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Triplethefun04
Wed Mar-28-07 11:27 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
69 posts


#268819, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

Lea, I heart you!


Michelle
(formerly known as bsebllmom9 )

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





naynay
Wed Mar-28-07 12:20 PM
Member since Feb 28th 2007
74 posts


#268829, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 25

Thank You Jonib for the definition!! I kept reading the word used soooo many times and now I can finally sleep at night!

MOM to GBG born @ 29 weeks

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





KIM4BRAD
Wed Mar-28-07 12:46 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
441 posts


#268835, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

Why the need to be such a bully? You participate in a forum that ridicules your "friends". I don't understand why everyone keeps having to drag this out! You are hurting the TC and it should not be allowed. I don't usually post or get involved in the drama but get over yourself! I don't care...if it is not Triplet related, just go away and let this go!

It was a privilege for Jeff and Janet to allow you back and this is how you thank them? If you want to move on you would not have posted a whole page before you asked to move on, you would have simply said you are sorry, period! Obvoiusly that is not your intent.

I did not look in for a while hoping that this would go away but here it is again, Thank you (yes, please read it as sarcastic thanks!) You should be begging our forgiveness, not asking people to contact you to get your "personal" apology! And yes, I would like mine!

I emplore everyone to just ignore this drama, please. If they continue to get attention they will continue to drag it out.

Kim, Mom to
Logan Kenneth (Has now changed his name to "Logan Boggie Sir")
Erin Louise "I am a princess"
Connor Andrew "I WANT to go to school, NOW!"
http://lilypie.com>

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





tripmom15
Wed Mar-28-07 01:03 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1000 posts


#268837, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 27

Thank you. Finally it seemed to be dying down...then this post to start it all back up again. Let it Die!!!
Susan
Alison, Anna & Morgan
g/g/g Triplets born 1/25/05
at 32 weeks, 2 days

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





jonib
Wed Mar-28-07 01:07 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2005
280 posts


#268840, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 27

Kim,
I didn't see any bullying in Lea's post. She should not have to beg anyone for anything...I'm afraid that by "not looking in for a while" you have missed some things. Please catch yourself up prior to posting slams on a good TC contributor.

How can you "implore" others to ignore drama AFTER your insults?? just doesn't work that way.
Jonib
16 month old cuties, Abby, Andy and Caroline
Rhett 9

no, I can't get the lily pie to work

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Marley
Wed Mar-28-07 01:10 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
56 posts


#268843, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 27

Kim I wrote a similar post on Michelle's "apology", I'm afraid I wasn't quite as nice but I agree with everything you said.
Laura

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





beaandmy3
Wed Mar-28-07 01:09 PM
Member since Sep 29th 2006
34 posts


#268842, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

Our Dearest Madmolly,

I believe one of the many hats you and your friends wear is "Instigator". Which in my opinion reads "BAD APPLE".

Good riddance.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Triplethefun04
Wed Mar-28-07 01:18 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
69 posts


#268847, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

Ummm let's see...who was it that brought our board over here? Who was it that brought it over here again?? Surely not us. Get the facts straight ladies. Look at the views. YOU ALL enjoy the drama just like everyone that has posted. Why post if you want it to die down? Why bother looking at it and just let it trickle it's way down the board??

We have JAC aka GIDDYMOM aka JULY something or other to thank for the first one. Then we have MAMAKITTEN3 to thank for this last round of popularity and new membership to our "club" So thank your buddies for this, not us! We were leaving you alone, but as Lea clearly spelled out, the behind the scenes by the "Good" people is just crazy. They are the ones that don't want to let this die. They are the ones that lurk and keep bringing it back over here.

We have a private area where we are real. We have a spoof area that anyone can post on and see. We don't have to hide behind anything. Unlike others who like to create fake names and bring it here, too chicken to be real...hmmm...

We've said what we needed. We've tried to get this to go away and move on, but you people keep responding to these threads. You all keep viewing this thread, waiting for the next post...you all love us!!

Michelle
(formerly known as bsebllmom9 )

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





SunshineAnn
Wed Mar-28-07 02:50 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
702 posts


#268885, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 32

If you have a place you are 'real', then why do you want to come here? And you ARE hiding behind fake names at TDC? And....you want us to stop posting to this, but you are posting also dragging up names. Why not make ALL of TDC private?

If you guys want to be snarky over there, do so, but leave us alone.
Ann


http://lilypie.com>

http://lilypie.com>

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Annie3
Wed Mar-28-07 01:28 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
552 posts


#268856, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Mar-28-07 01:56 PM by Annie3

First and forth most the TDC board is snarky, somewhat distasteful and somewhat like a train wreck. It is what it is and to some it is a fun place to post and use harsh words and ask for advice and not get sunshine and rainbows but get the truth, and that sometimes hurts worse then being made fun of or the snarky comments. That is why I go! I like to post and get snarked at and I like the people over there. I feel much more myself over there and have posted more then over here because I get the truth and I get the snarky comments and can give as well as I get.

I like this board because I get the support I need,the information I am looking for and answers to questions I need to ask that only another HOM Mom would understand. I made friends here that have helped me through my PG and the first almost two years of my childrens life. I appreciate both boards for what they are and how different they are.

I am a member of several Yahoo chat sites and they get snarky about TC as well. In any type of forum that is public you run the risk of ridicule. Having triplets you run the risk of ridicule. Everytime someone makes a judgement when your at the mall or grocery store or a snide comment about whether or not they were concieved by drugs. This is what we have to put up with, this is why TC is here so people like me who do not know what to do with three can come share our feelings and read others and not feel so alone. TDC is there to blow off steam, share our feelings and read other posts so we don't feel alone in this.

I went over their first just to see and read some stuff that in a bleak hour of my day made me smile. I disagree with stuff over there as I do here but I have that right and so do you. If you don't want to go there don't if you do come and have some fun. Don't get all upset over what might have been said or posted behind your back if we all did that then we wouldn't leave the house or use a computer.

Look at all the posts about nasty comments in a mall or by a family member, look at all the help and support we get from one another and take it as it comes. Don't stop posting because your afraid of what might be made fun of, I am certainly not naive enough to know that people aren't at this very moment sending PM's to one another about what I wrote or Lea or anyone or have in the past. It will continue to happen in the future whether or not TDC is public or private or non-existent.

I have friends I made here I talk to all the time, discuss posts and get information. I thought this is what it is here for. I thought we were all aware of this. I am not perfect and have rolled my eyes or made a snarky comment to myself, my DH or my friends about a post that irritated me, now am I not supposed to do that here or anywhere else. I am very confused now on how I am to respond to any site at this time. If someone brings up a post in a personal PM or on another forum by responding agreement or disagreement am I not being two faced, or snarky because that person isn't aware of it. If I get made fun of on another board am I to stop posting here and worry what is being said, heck if I did that I wouldn't have made through primary, middle, or higher levels of my education or my career. This is reality, I am sorry but no one here can't say they haven't thought or made a remark at any time either positive or negative to someone about a post or comment made on any forum you participate in.

Just needed to say it, sorry to jump in on your post Lea.

Annie

Born 6/19/05 @ 32 Weeks
Kylie Mae 2lbs 13oz
Ashby Ray 3lbs 5oz
Eadan Sean 3lbs 2oz

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





tripgirlsmommy
Wed Mar-28-07 02:04 PM
Member since Jan 13th 2006
112 posts


#268869, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

Great...I have no clue what TDC is...I'm a mom of triplets and only have time to take care of my kids and jump on here for advice. I have to say that if someone from TC made fun of me in another forum...I would never come back to TC. Having triplets and being pregnant with them is a serious serious thing. Just getting through the pregnancy itself is life changing not to mention what happens afterwards. I'm all for a forum where you can let loose and be funny, crazy, whatever, b/c alot of us mommies of triplets and more need that release...but to make fun of people who come on here for help is soooo not cool. I don't care if I get flamed for this, bottom line, I need this forum to help me...having triplets is no cake walk and being serious when help is needed is important. I hope this all stops soon so we can get back to being proud moms of triplets and not feel like we are going to be made fun of by other moms on here.

Ashley Vybiral
Mommy to Isabella, Juliette, Olivia
May 24,2005 @35wks3days
and Big Bro'Barrett
Oct.4, 2000

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





tulip
Wed Mar-28-07 04:01 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
6104 posts


#268898, "Nail on the head!"
In response to Reply # 34

"..but to make fun of people who come on here for help is soooo not cool."

This is exactly the problem, the nail on the head. Making fun of people behind their backs is not cool. I don't care what name you give it, spoofing, mocking, being lighthearted, it's not cool. It's one thing to laugh & make self-depricating jokes ABOUT YOURSELF. It is another thing entirely to laugh and make jokes about someone else.

* Mocking a mom who comes on here to find help for her constipated baby is not cool.
* Denigrating moms who offer completely innocent, well-intentioned advice is not cool.
* Mocking moms who ask for advice about having a garage sale is not cool.
* Making fun of real people who are having real problems - however small or inconsequential the problem seems - is not cool.
* Making fun of people with Down's is not cool.
* Making fun of moms who have their children in various forms of therapy is not cool.
* Making fun of people who are on welfare or WIC is not cool.

Anyone who knows me in real life knows that I enjoy making jokes about myself. It's fun when others join in and laugh WITH me. But that's completely different from other people going somewhere else - around a corner or to a different website or chatroom - and laughing AT me. Unless one is a celebrity being professionally "roasted", no one should expect to remain joyful & carefree knowing their every shared thought, every detail of their life which they've shared in an effort to support others or find help & support, is being laughed at, mocked, with a plethora of other sordid & made-up abominations being added to the insults. No one should be expected to remain calm & unemotional when their precious children are talked about in less than charitable terms.

It's true that complete strangers dragging my name through the mud, mocking me and sharing unspeakable abominations & sentiments about me isn't going to harm my body. I am not going to die simply because others say terrible things about me. But it hurts my soul, it hurts my heart. Not to sound maudlin, but this makes me not want to participate here ever again. And under other circumstances I would simply go away. No doubt that would fill some of you reading this with joy. I don't want to stop participating here, though. I really don't because this place has been my salvation at times since I found out I was pregnant with triplets. I'm sure others here feel the same way. This is the ONLY place I can go where I know the others will understand what I'm talking about. (I almost said where others will feel the same way, but now I know that there are a great deal of others who do NOT feel the same way.)

My trust at this forum is completely shattered. With a few exceptions, I trust no one here anymore. I don't trust that people are who they say they are, I don't trust that anything I say won't be ripped apart and changed into something vile & at odds with everything I stand for as a human being. My heart & soul are not safe here anymore. I now know that many of the women here are, to put it bluntly, shamelessly two-faced. Generally speaking, I choose not to associate with those kind of people. What really surprises me is that there are "snarky" people who just don't understand why non-snarky people don't want to associate with them now that their true selves have been revealed. Usually snarky people understand that they will reap what they sow. Usually snarky people know that they are alienating others.

So I'm at a cross-roads, so to speak. I have a feeling that a great number of other forum members are in the same position as I, not knowing who to trust, not knowing if this is the place to be anymore, not knowing where else to go that is somewhat safe from the kind of cruelty we have now experienced.

Tulip & The Three Amigos
GBG born at 35w5d on December 31, 2002 - Happy New Year's Eve!!!

YES! You *can* breastfeed triplets!!!

I am a Velveteen Rabbit, and the birth, love, kisses & magic that are my children has made me Real.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





lorilou
Wed Mar-28-07 04:05 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
378 posts


#268899, "RE: Nail on the head!"
In response to Reply # 39

Amen Tulip...you said everything I wanted to say but I was too upset to say it as well as you did.

And can we please stop using the word "snarky"?? There is a much better one...it starts with "b" and rhymes with "witch".


Lori --
Mom to Zac (9/91) and triplets Noah, Karissa & Jazmine (5/98 at 27 weeks)

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





SunshineAnn
Wed Mar-28-07 04:24 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
702 posts


#268903, "RE: Nail on the head!"
In response to Reply # 39

Thanks Tulip. I feel the same way.
Ann


http://lilypie.com>

http://lilypie.com>

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





ZwickJB
Wed Mar-28-07 05:09 PM
Member since Sep 21st 2006
164 posts


#268920, "RE: Nail on the head!"
In response to Reply # 39


>* Making fun of people with Down's is not cool.

.....?????- I think you are mistaken?? Can you show proof?
People do not fail...they just give up!
~unknown~



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





tripmom15
Wed Mar-28-07 05:14 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1000 posts


#268922, "RE: Nail on the head!"
In response to Reply # 39

Tulip,
Well said as always. I hope you decide to stay because you are one of the rational heads who's advice I look forward to.
Susan
Alison, Anna & Morgan
g/g/g Triplets born 1/25/05
at 32 weeks, 2 days

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





lorilou
Wed Mar-28-07 03:14 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
378 posts


#268889, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

You know what...I tried to be nice. I tried to explain why I found TDC to be offensive. Within minutes I was already quoted on TDC and basically ridiculed.

So obviously there are women here on this board who have nothing better to do than read posts here on TC and then run over to TDC to make fun of us. If you have something to say to me...say it here at TC. Don't hide behind some other username and make snide comments.

So let me spell it out for you....GO AWAY!!!! If you think TDC is such a great board...go there and stay there. We don't need your crap here at TC. Don't pretend to be all supportive when we all know it's a bunch of BS.



Lori --
Mom to Zac (9/91) and triplets Noah, Karissa & Jazmine (5/98 at 27 weeks)

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Poppy3
Wed Mar-28-07 03:37 PM
Member since Jan 25th 2006
32 posts


#268892, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 36

Madmolly and Michelle(baseballmom)...time to get a hobby...you guys are unbelievable. IT is obvious that both of you are bored with life and have nothing better to do. Relax... dont spend every minute by the computer...and enjoy life for a little bit.
POPPY of 3 soon to be in August 2006

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Mamakitten3
Wed Mar-28-07 03:52 PM
Member since May 29th 2006
347 posts


#268895, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

I DID IT, I outed their site but Im confused!!! If you all are so proud of your "SPOOF" forum then why do you feel vilified when the link is revealed? TC members have gone over to your site and are making their own conclusion about its content.

Again if you all are so proud of what you have done why dont you have the link in your signature? That way it would bring more foot traffic to your site and some new members who enjoy your brand of humor.

Sunshine and Roses


Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





d johnson
Wed Mar-28-07 04:16 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
29 posts


#268901, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 0

I've finally had enough.
Goodbye Everyone.
Denise

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Btrcup20
Wed Mar-28-07 04:28 PM
Member since Jun 21st 2006
300 posts


#268904, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 41

Amen tulip.

Thank you for putting into words EXACTLY how I feel.

The posters on TDC should be ashamed of themselves.
BBB triplets born at 36 weeks
Thomas 5lb 4oz.
Jack 6 lb. 7 oz.
Christian 6lb. 0 oz.

http://lilypie.com>

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





julytrips
Wed Mar-28-07 05:45 PM
Member since Mar 25th 2007
17 posts


#268928, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 43

Tulip is 100% right. This has gotten so out of control. I will not let these women destroy a place that has served me w/ such a wealth of information over the last 7 years. They will go away (we can hope) I'm suprised the MOD's have let this go on as far as it has.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Tracey
Wed Mar-28-07 05:56 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1901 posts


#268929, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 47

Remember that Janet's mom has just died, so we need to be considerate of her time, energy and emotions. Not sure, but Jeff may be her son (?). If so, he's probably busy with family issues as well.
Tracey

Michael (10)
Francesca (9)
Matthew, Alexis & Gabrielle (7)
Torunn (Norwegian DD,19)
Johannes (upcoming German DS,15)

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Anonymous
Wed Mar-28-07 04:51 PM
Member since Mar 28th 2007
2 posts


#268911, "RE: A final word on TDC"
In response to Reply # 41

>I've finally had enough.
>Goodbye Everyone.
>Denise


Me too! Goodbye.
Irish Triplets - JUST THE SAME AS YOUR TRIPLETS

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

No comments:

Post a Comment