Saturday, May 16, 2009

Nov 2 2007 MOST web site

Subject: "MOST web site" Previous topic | Next topic


ItsOtto
Tue Nov-06-07 01:59 AM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
538 posts


#302986, "MOST web site"

Hi all...anyone else a member of MOST? I feel like I am cheating on TC LOL! I just joined after 4 years, BUT I am not happy thus far...I still have not been "granted permission" to open the forum topics....which I personally think is ridiculous. anyway, just wondering what you all thought of MOST if you are members, since I cannot seem to access it.
Thanks
Deborah
Mom to
Julia 9/1998
Olivia, Veronica and Isabelle
33 weeks. July 11,2003
(4lb 3oz,3lb 13oz & 4lb 10oz)




Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Replies to this topic


RE: MOST web site, JamiJami, Oct 01st 2007, #1
RE: MOST web site, ItsOtto, Oct 01st 2007, #2
RE: MOST web site, gottripletsNC, Oct 01st 2007, #3
RE: MOST web site, Heather S., Oct 01st 2007, #4
RE: MOST web site, MonsterMom6, Oct 02nd 2007, #8
RE: MOST web site, Diane, Oct 01st 2007, #5
RE: MOST web site, ItsOtto, Oct 02nd 2007, #9
RE: MOST web site, Laurene, Oct 01st 2007, #6
RE: MOST web site, Catherine, Oct 02nd 2007, #7
RE: MOST web site, sandsstone, Nov 05th 2007, #11
RE: MOST web site, cyanskye, Nov 05th 2007, #12
RE: MOST web site, ItsOtto, Nov 05th 2007, #14
RE: MOST web site, 3lilprincess, Nov 05th 2007, #10
RE: My feelings, Tasha, Nov 05th 2007, #15
RE: My feelings, 3petes, Nov 05th 2007, #16
RE: My feelings, tripletots98, Nov 06th 2007, #18
RE: MOST web site, cyanskye, Nov 05th 2007, #13
RE: MOST web site, MSTAR, Nov 06th 2007, #17



JamiJami
Mon Oct-01-07 04:44 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
595 posts


#302988, "RE: MOST web site"
In response to Reply # 0

I joined MOST when I joined here (eons ago!).

Most of the people on MOST seem to be Quads and more.
It's really a great resource for those really unique births (not like triplets, twins, or singletons aren't unique), but it's a great place for a woman to say, I just found out I am having sextuplets who can help me!

I think most triplet moms are over here.

Jami


mom to first-grade girl


and spontaneous 36 weeker BGG triplets


Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





ItsOtto
Mon Oct-01-07 06:04 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
538 posts


#303003, "RE: MOST web site"
In response to Reply # 1

I figured as much, but for some reason I was intrigued(sp)
Deborah
Mom to
Julia 9/1998
Olivia, Veronica and Isabelle
33 weeks. July 11,2003
(4lb 3oz,3lb 13oz & 4lb 10oz)




Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





gottripletsNC
Mon Oct-01-07 08:09 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1335 posts


#303021, "RE: MOST web site"
In response to Reply # 0

I have been a member of MOST for quite a while. They are a great resource for all multiple families. I have personally met with the founder and she is the sweetest triplet mom you will ever meet.

They are really working to vamp up the message boards and are very careful of who they give access. That way you don't have to worry about fakers as much.

I enjoy posting on both forums but there I topics I will only speak about at MOST due to the privacy of locked forums.

HTH's
Audrey
SAHM
GGG"s 5-9-2003 (34weeks)





Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Heather S.
Mon Oct-01-07 08:28 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
341 posts


#303030, "RE: MOST web site"
In response to Reply # 0

Deborah,

I am a board member of MOST, and MOST is not just for quads and more, although there is a great group for quads, quints and sextuplets, which has been very successful. I'm sorry you've had trouble accessing the forums on our site, and would suggest you contact the MOST office, or click on the link to contact the forum coordinator at the top of the forum page, for assistance.

I have been a member of TC since I was pregnant, and of MOST since my boys were two, and I find them both to be great organizations serving multiple birth families. And while I am a bit partial to MOST, I try to be supportive of both organizations because I think it is important to offer as many resources as possible to HOM families.
Heather, BBBB (two identical, two fraternal) 28 1/2 weeks, now age 12!



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





MonsterMom6
Tue Oct-02-07 09:33 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1003 posts


#303080, "RE: MOST web site"
In response to Reply # 4

I just want to echo what Heather and Diane have said.

MOST has made the decision to keep the forums (except for "Pregnancy/Infancy") for members only. As I understand, it was a decision that was not taken lightly. What you won't find there is fakers and a lot of the drama that is pretty common here at TC. TC made the decision to keep the forums open in an effort to reach as many multiple birth families as possible.

I have met both founders and find each to be caring, compassionate and really just interested in helping ALL multiple birth families to find some kind of normalcy and to feel not so alone.

Both organizations are MORE than message boards. Each produces a wonderful magazine that showcases beautiful family photos and articles of substance related to raising our children. Each magazine has it's strengths and weaknesses but I think together, they cover just about all the bases.

I think that the "gem" in each organization is being able to get information on just about any pregnancy, health, or child development related topic with just a phone call or email. Friends with singletons have to wade through a lot of junk to get to the best information. It's there for us so easily. And to be able to find someone else who knows EXACTLY what you are experiencing, whether it it's about night time sleeping, potty training, autism spectrum.....anything.

When I was pg, I was very careful about how I spent my money, not knowing how much it was really going to cost to raise my children. It really was silly, as we were/are doing fine financially, but the incertainty of the unknown made me think twice about subscribing to a magazine. I just didn't want to spend money on something that didn't give me value. Now, 5 years later, I am a member of both organizations. And even though I feel that I need them less, I will continue to support both as I think it's important that each is around for others who suddenly find themselves saying "how many?", in disbelief.
MonsterMom6
7 year old ^b^b twins @ 30w5d (1 survivor) and
5 year old gggg quads @ 32w0d

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Diane
Mon Oct-01-07 09:01 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
18 posts


#303034, "RE: MOST web site"
In response to Reply # 0

Deborah,
I too am a member of both. Both groups are mostly triplet families.
The office has been having computer problems lately. However, if your troubles have been going on longer, you may need to recontact them.

Both TC and MOST have some very supportive members, and good info.
Diane
1+4+1

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





ItsOtto
Tue Oct-02-07 02:20 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
538 posts


#303128, "RE: MOST web site"
In response to Reply # 5

Thank you Diane..:O) Computer problems maybe that is it. :OP I tried to click in the link to contact, but no matter what server I used it said coordinator not on this server. OK maybe soon.
I do like that things are highly protected. I love TC and I am sure I will Love MOST as well.
Thank you all for your responses.
Deborah
Mom to
Julia 9/1998
Olivia, Veronica and Isabelle
33 weeks. July 11,2003
(4lb 3oz,3lb 13oz & 4lb 10oz)




Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Laurene
Mon Oct-01-07 09:29 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
2350 posts


#303037, "RE: MOST web site"
In response to Reply # 0

I too belong to MOST, am a moderator on their larger than most forum, and wouldn't have it any other way. I love MOST and it's privacy - I love TC too they are just different types of forums.

I'm sorry your having trouble - I'm sure it will be resolved very soon. Welcome aboard.
Laurene- Proud mother of six:
Janis 26
Jessica 24
Jeremiah 22



Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Catherine
Tue Oct-02-07 12:02 AM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
307 posts


#303059, "RE: MOST web site"
In response to Reply # 0

I am sorry that you are having trouble getting onto the forum. One thing about having to be granted permission to enter the forums is that fakers are not a problem- and privacy is protected. I really value those aspects.

By the way, I am the area coordinator for Japan for MOST. I feel lucky to be a part of such a wonderful group.
"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





sandsstone
Mon Nov-05-07 11:13 AM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
246 posts


#309259, "RE: MOST web site"
In response to Reply # 0

I have to say I have applied to MOST months ago and have not been granted access either.

Susan
Parent to GGG born 31 weeks 4 days 4/26/07
http://www.sandsstone.com/Triplets.htm



http://www.thedivinemercy.org/message

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





cyanskye
Mon Nov-05-07 12:17 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2007
277 posts


#309273, "RE: MOST web site"
In response to Reply # 11

I did too. It seems you have to pay a fee in order to access some of the boards. Maybe we’ll pay it later on. It sounds like a good site.
Claudia

BGB 8/27/2005

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





ItsOtto
Mon Nov-05-07 06:28 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
538 posts


#309355, "RE: MOST web site"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow! Inever expected responses like this. Everyone deserves their own Opinions.
I do Like Most ...Alot....yes there is a fee, just like TC to access the forums. there are some public forums, but the ones you really wanttot be a part of you need to pay the membership. I must say....for my $$ these are 2 very important purchases for me. I will continue to use Both TC and Most
Deborah
Mom to
Julia 9/1998
Olivia, Veronica and Isabelle
33 weeks. July 11,2003
(4lb 3oz,3lb 13oz & 4lb 10oz)




Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





3lilprincess
Mon Nov-05-07 10:59 AM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
34 posts


#309255, "RE: MOST web site"
In response to Reply # 0

WOW how do you really feel??
Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Tasha
Mon Nov-05-07 11:46 PM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1455 posts


#309419, "RE: My feelings"
In response to Reply # 19
Tue Nov-06-07 12:24 AM by Tasha

I completely understand what you are saying. When I am so so so careful about the info I put about myself out there it REALLY pisses me off when the site owners are so careless with my info.

Oh BTW it must have been so cool to be on the beach taking pictures during tropical storm Alberto. You look cute in that bunny shirt. I have always wanted to visit (to personal to post). That was so really cool drift wood pic from 2006. You could have that framed. I really wish I was a better writer also. I LOVE mysteries. Have you published anything I would have read?

You have adorable kids! Love all the signs telling the hurricanes to go away. I can’t imagine living through that with kids. So cute for them to make predictions for the next hurricane season. Probably gave them a sense of control over the uncontrollable. Looks like you all have some great fun and great triplet friends. Hope you had a great time in Gettysburg.

I was as upset as anyone about the people who abused TC to get peoples email addresses. But don’t come bash them about internet security when you obviously don’t take it seriously. BTW I didn’t post a fraction of what I found out about you with very very little effort. I didn't post anything too personal. And some of which I got I got from MOSTS profile section similar to what they had here at TC. And I'm not a member of that site. Man after 10 mins I feel like I know you. I could call you if you would like.
Tasha
Julia, Megan & Alex 7/00 at 30 weeks
Abby 12/02

Printer-friendly copy | Edit | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





3petes
Mon Nov-05-07 11:59 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
595 posts


#309422, "RE: My feelings"
In response to Reply # 15

Damn girl! You're good!! I want you on my side anytime anything goes awry (LOL). Thanks for defending TC in a way that I couldn't. My detective skills are not what they once were.

Make everyday a triplet day!

Jamye

Princesses in Training ~ Lydia, Jennifer, and Taryn


http://www.babysites.com/sites/3petes/




Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





tripletots98
Tue Nov-06-07 01:56 AM
Member since Nov 05th 2007
1315 posts


#309435, "RE: My feelings"
In response to Reply # 19

>I'm just angry that my personal information was given out to
>some stranger(s)

>I feel violated that some stranger was able to access this >otherwise "private" and "hidden" information.

>Some people, such as >myself, want a break from the publicity in our lives and like to have some anonymity from the limelight. (You'd be amazed at how many"famous" people are on these various web boards!)

>I have a huge issue when it comes to my privacy, security and the >privacy/security of my children.


Ok, I just have to throw in some loose change I have in my pocket....

Did you actually read your post? Seriously K8Tina, try a GOOGLE search of your TC user name and you will find pages (plural) of your online posts using the user name 'K8Tina'.

You, yourself, personally, intentionally include links to your 'babiesonline.com' account, plus a gazillion YOU TUBE videos and TON of other personal info, including pictures of yourself & your family.

Something tells me that the LAST place you want to be, is out of the CELEBRITY Lime-Light!!!

Your coming to TC, over dramatizing 1 spam email "YOU" received.....is just totally laughable!!! Laughable after a quick search like a PP suggesTDed and we feel like your BFF's!!!!!

Buh-Bye! Please, send my regards to the PAPARAZZI!!!!!!!!!


Amy~
Paige, Austin & Hailee - 9yrs
10/29/98 34w1d

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





cyanskye
Mon Nov-05-07 12:19 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2007
277 posts


#309275, "RE: MOST web site"
In response to Reply # 0

I lurked here when I was pregnant. I firmly believe that the knowledge of the people who were posting in this site back then made a huge difference in the outcome of my pregnancy. For that I am grateful. MOST sounds like a great organization too. We might subscribe later on.
Claudia

BGB 8/27/2005

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





MSTAR
Tue Nov-06-07 12:47 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2005
1244 posts


#309430, "RE: MOST web site"
In response to Reply # 0

I remember you since our kids are the same age. Can I just say WHATEVER???? What was really the point of this post? And why are you on here if you don't like it here other than to stir up drama? MOST will never reach the number of pregnant MOMs that access this site because their whole Fort Knox security is stupid for a newly pregnant mom to deal with. I never joined it because of that, yet I was on here reading this website through my entire pregnancy. My HOM "family" is right here and I'm happy with it, even with the trolls and fakers and the drama and the meanies and the goodies, so BUH BYE!!!!! I'd say I missed you, but I'm keeping it REAL!
Michele
Sarah, Gregory, Amanda
born 1/22/04 at 35w1d

Our surprise baby Austin born 06/15/2005

www.fourtimesthefun.blogspot.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top





Top Triplet Talk Triplet Connection Multiple Questions topic #302986 Previous topic | Next topic

No comments:

Post a Comment